Thursday, December 23, 2010

Whirlwind

I spent most of the day Monday in a tail-spin, while studying for my LAST final and trying not to worry about Al and his incoming flight. We were supposed to get 6 more inches of snow and projected flight delays as a result.

In fact, his flight was delayed about 2 hours. But when he got to Denver for his layover, he was put on the list for an earlier flight. I was worried that I would head into my final not really knowing when his flight would get it and that it would be hard to concentrate.

Luckily, I got a text from him 10 minutes before my exam saying he got on the earlier flight and would be in 2 hours BEFORE his original flight time (4 hours before the delayed time!)
I was so happy!

The last couple of days have been really nice. Just spending time together wrapping Christmas gifts and running around town for dinners and drinks with friends. He was even a good sport when I dragged him shopping for a few nice shirts for himself (which he absolutely HATES!)

Today we have engagement photos with some good friends of mine.
I had this idea to do a city-girl/country-boy theme.
The session today will be the city side and we'll take some photos in St. Paul near my school and the Governors mansion. There are tons of great churches, buildings and architecture that will provide a great backdrop and if we do some nighttime photos, with everything lit up for Christmas, it should produce some wonderful results.

In the spring, we'll get Al in ACU's and head out to the farm to do the country-boy half of the session. Maybe some tractor shots and great Minnesota-countryside views as our backdrop. Either way, the fierce and fantastic Brandi will help with this part. (Yes, this is me asking...)

I'm off to pick our outfits for the shots, and run a bunch of errands before our session tonight.

{I haven't forgotten about my previous post on DADT and all of your wonderful input. I will still put together a post in response and to provide my stand on the issue, but I would like to wait until after the holiday. I just think it's more appropriate to leave politics behind when it comes to family and friends.}

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Silly lady! I seriously love that you are my facebook friend because do you realize how late I get caught up on all things related to blogging? : / I hate that BUT I have to say I cleared out ooooh maybe 200 blogs the other day. : x I'd been following way too much. You of course stuck around. ;)

And yes of course, and you know spring = a happy Brandi ... fo sho.

Miss you sunshine!


ps: dying ... DYING to see the photos. you better post them asap, I'm so excited!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

can't wait to see your photos!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that Al's coming in early! It's like getting to unwrap your present early!

Kaylee said...

SO glad he made it in through the snow! And that your finals are FINALLY done! Have a lovely Christmas and have a wonderful time with your man! Can't wait to see your pictures :)