Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Everyone Else Is...I am Not.

Pregnant.
Remember when I told you I had the fever? And we tried when I was in Texas?

Well, that's it. Round #1 was a failure.
I took a test. It was negative. Two days later, I got my period.

Now, I have no business complaining about this on our first try. I know many wonderful couples struggling to conceive who have tried much, much longer. Plus, who gets pregnant on their first try anyway (other than that girl in high-school...)

But it still seems like everyone is pregnant. Everywhere.

It surprised me how sad I was when I only saw one little line.
I had no idea how much I really wanted to be pregnant.
Alas, I am not. And we have to wait until December to try again.
But try we will, because I really, really want to see that second pink line.

7 comments:

Lou said...

ugh everyone is pregnant...and i like your line on the girl from highschool it seems oh so true:) good luck girl!

Nicole said...

I'm with ya girlie

Radiant Readhead said...

welcome to the TTC journey...took mt hubby and i 10 months to conceive our 2nd daughter....it is def a roller coaster ride! but try to enjoy the journey:-)

Anonymous said...

I think it's something in the water supply. Maybe you're not drinking the right water...? =D

Jessica said...

Awww I'm sorry and I love you!

There's nothing like one line to REALLY make you realize that you want it. Even if you don't really want it and take a test, you'll still be sad (ahem.. me this month).

Keep trying. You'll have lots of opportunities in the coldness of Colorado. You have to stay warm somehow right?!?

And you don't have to apologize for being disappointed after one try. It's allowed. I know how badly you wanted it. You're going to be a very hot pregnant woman when it does happen :)

I'll Love You Forever said...

I am sorry it did not happen the first time, I will be thinking about you guys! I am glad you will keep trying and I hope that you will get to see the second pink line soon! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I think I spent a small fortune on pregnancy tests when we were trying. I remember the 'one pink line' feeling all too well. I'll be praying for you guys! I look forward to hearing your news of two pink lines!