Monday, April 16, 2012

Words on Separation: Then and Now

While putting together my 30 by 30 list (to be revealed on my 28th birthday in May) I scrolled through my archives for ideas and some reflection. I stumbled upon a really cool post that I wrote back when Al was deployed - Almost exactly 2 years ago. 
~~o~~o~~o~~o~~o~~
1. The heart really is a lot tougher then I'd initially thought
2. Talking on the phone over thousands of miles is a much different kind of communication
3. Absence does NOT always make the heart grow fonder
4. But absence DOES help teach you what's really important
5. Emotions are more intense and conversations more vital when you can't have them face-to-face
6. Being able to "kiss and make up" is hugely underrated
7. So is make-up sex, morning sex, and really any kind of sex we don't get to have
8. I miss fighting over the covers and explaining why I bought another pair of shoes
9. Even when he's crabby, smelly and sweaty, a soldier still looks hot in uniform
10. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world
It's funny how I read that list and still agree with everything on it. I'm not even sure I would change it in any way. 2 years ago, we were dating, going through a deployment while I was in my first year of law school. Now we are married, I am weeks from graduating and moving in with him in Colorado. We've come so far...

But the basics...those are still the same. My heart is strong (but not fonder) and boy do I need those arms around me! That will never change. Thank God for that!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so excited for you to move into this next phase of life!

Sam said...

All of these are so so so true!