Thursday, April 29, 2010

I freakin' miss him!

I wanted to post some heart-felt and eloquent commentary on how excited I am that he's going to be back soon. And I am, I really am. But right now, I miss him so much.
When I had no idea when he'd back (anytime between July and November), I was able to push it out of my mind and just take it day-by-day. Now that I have a date, or at least a guesstimate of when he'll be home, I can't stand it. I just want him home now!

I get to talk to him regularly, which helps. I wear his dog tags to bed and sometimes an old Army tee. I stay away from bad news and romantic comedies. But none of that changes the fact that I can't see his face in the morning; I can't eat dinner with him or tell him about my day; I can't go to sleep with him holding me. I just want him home.

So here I am, sitting up at 11:30 at night in the middle of finals thinking about him. The last three nights I've had dreams about him. Things I want to do when he gets back, places I want to go, "quality time" we HAVE to spend together, etc... And right now, I just don't have room in my head for four law school classes worth of information AND the emotions I'm feeling.
(Baby, since I know you read this, I want you not to worry. I'm really doing just fine. Still, I have to vent my frustrations because, well, I can't be classy and together all the time.)

I miss him. I just want him home. Like, RIGHT NOW! (You hear me, pesky Army?!)
And he will be soon. But I put this out there, specifically to my fellow mil-spouses & SO's, but also to anyone with excellent advice on the subject.

What do you do when you miss someone?

No comments: