Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This One Goes Out to the One I Love

(**Note: I cannot and will not take complete credit for this idea - my new blogger friend Amber has formatted her blog as a letter to her overseas hubby. Just this once, I am doing the same. Oh, and sappiness alert!)

Hey baby,

I am about to go to bed after a very long day at school. Over there, you are already up and starting your day. Even though you feel so far away, I have never felt so close.
Each night, I am harshly aware of how large my queen bed feels when I'm the only one in it. Plus, it's really difficult to steal the covers from myself. I cannot wait until you return so I can steal them from you instead. As I get ready to fall asleep, wearing your old Army PT shirt, a few things come to mind that I simply need to share.

I am proud of you. Of your work, your character and your continued & unfailing dedication to your country. I am proud to be your girlfriend, your support and your inspiration.
I am impressed by your resilience and everlasting patience (especially with me.)
You never fail to make me laugh or to remind me to relax and have a little fun. You encourage my dreams and help me reach my goals on a daily basis and you constantly kick me in the pants when I get lazy and tired.

I can't wait for your return. I want to travel to new places, preferably warm and try new things, mostly new food. I want to go mudding on the four-wheelers and shooting at the range. I want to get dressed up for fancy dinners and cocktails (yes, that includes a tie and matching your shoes to your belt.) I want to stay up all night, wrapped up in each other, covered in sweat and tears of laughter. Mostly though, I just want you here; to share my morning coffee, the remote control and even the bed covers (I promise I'll try.)

Thank you for being a good boyfriend and a great man. You're my best friend and the love of my life. I miss you. I love you.
Hurry home and remember, I got your six, always.

Melissa

No comments: