That is how long Al has been gone. Can you believe it?
That's almost 8 months (minus the 15 days he was home for R&R) without a hug, or a kiss. That's 33 weeks of dinners, showers and family events that I went to alone. That's 234 nights without him next to me in bed and without any (ahem)...nookie. Ha ha.
It's no wonder I'm so sick and tired of this wretched deployment. Don't get me wrong, I support our troops; specifically, I support Al in all he does, every step of the way; and blah, blah, blah. But darnit, I am soooo ready for this to be over. We're close. Not extremely close. Certainly not as close as I'd like. But close.
Remember this, and this. All of that is behind us. We have a date. Well, actually we have a set of two dates about one week apart, which will allow his unit to leave in two groups. Apparently there's an actual manifest. Which I assume involves a protocol written down in a booklet that indicates when and where they all need to be. It's supposed to be more certain. It's supposed to provide a guarantee. Pardon me, but isn't it still just a booklet of paper?
Either way, Al seems to be in good spirits and he and I are starting to really get excited for his return. I most likely will not be going to El Paso to see him home for the actual "homecoming." This means it'll be about 2 weeks tacked on to the end before I'll actually get to see him in Minnesota. Still, I get to pick him up at the airport (maybe I can even convince him to wear his camo) and have our own personal homecoming.
I've already got a dress, but I will avoid posting photos because he reads my blog. I might start looking at shoe options, but it will most likely consist of something in my closet rather than buying a new pair. That I might post and look to ya'll for a vote. I doubt Al will care what's on my feet. Hell, I doubt he'll even notice I HAVE feet!
I am so ready for my man to come home. I want him safe in my arms and warm in my bed.
9 comments:
Oooh! I loved getting ready for homecoming, figuring out the outfits and all of that good stuff! Can't wait for it all to finally happen for you!
Keep on truckin'! I hope your date comes soon for you. I look forward to seeing homecoming photos.
Awww hun, I'm right there with you! Its been nine months for us already and we still have a litle ways to go as well. I am so ready for this to be over with as well!! But keep your head up, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and with law school,your blog, and your new job you will stay busy and time will fly by!! :) You can beat this deployment! Don't let it get you down, you've already come so far!!! :)
It's been 7 months since I've seen my Marine so I'm sorta right there with ya - minus the fact that he isn't in a war zone [kind of a big point]. Stay strong and keep yourself focused on homecoming and all of the great things you two have planned once he's back - I know those thoughts have helped me!
www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com
Wow. That's a lot of days.
Ok, I know it's been 234 days and that's a LOT and can get super sucky. Man, as much as I support our troops too, sometimes deployments just plain SUCK! BUT - you are getting close (to me, you are getting super close!!!). You are almost there! Yay!!! I am getting excited FOR you!!!!
Man oh man! Crazy long!
Awwwww...this is super cute! But dang, 234 days gone? Thats serious! I am beginning to hope that my husband gets discharged. He has a bad knee right now....I secretly wish, the army could be over with.
Thank God he'll be home soon, you can at least plan a vacation or something. You both deserve some pampering.
Sigh. I know exactly what you're talking about. There comes in a point in the deployment, after R&R, that you're just exhausted of it. I find those months the longest to get through, even when I'm busy doing other things. Its as though it takes an hour for the minute hand to move on the clock.
Post a Comment