Monday, July 19, 2010

Shook Up the World

I made a terrible mistake a work on Friday and came in to work today to find out about it. I can't talk about the details because of confidentiality, but let's just say I sent some confidential information to the wrong client. Not good!
Remember, this is my NEW job. This is the job that's supposed to get me employment once I'm a licensed attorney. And here I go making such a huge mistake within my first month.

The partner (rightfully) tore me a new ass hole today when we (actually, he) talked about the mistake. I was given a second chance to do better, although he would have been justified to fire me on the spot. Alas, I am blessed to return tomorrow and prove I can do better!

And I will.

The irony is the exam final I have tomorrow is on ethics and providing clients the best service you can. Nice, huh?! All I can do at this point is prove that it was a one-time mistake; watch my ass going forward; double-check and triple-check my work; and remind them why they hired me.

So, a song as inspiration to get me through:
(Surprised it's not country? Ha ha.)

[Verse 1]
You know this is our chance, this is our chance to shine.
Gotta dig down deep, we gotta go the extra mile.
Remember when we were young, and nobody else believed.

Cause this is our time to shine, so we gotta dig down real deep.
And give it everything we got, cause this is our time to breathe.

[Chorus]
Shook up the world, shook up the world, yeah.
Believe in me, believe in me, cause I believe in you.

Shook up the world, shook up the world, yeah.
Believe in me, believe in me, cause I believe in you.
Cause I believe in you.

[Verse 2]
You know we worked so hard yeah, we worked hard everyday.
We're gonna leave our mark, leave our mark on the world today.
Remember when we were young, and nobody else believed.
We're gonna sieze this moment, and write our own history.
And give it everything we got, cause this is our chance to breathe.

[Chorus]
Shook up the world, shook up the world, yeah.
Believe in me, believe in me, cause I believe in you.

Shook up the world, shook up the world, yeah.
Believe in me, believe in me, cause I believe in you.
Cause I believe in you. Cause I believe in you.

Cause there's a fire that burns within.
I'm ready to, to begin.
I got a gift, a gift to give.
This is our time to win.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aw I'm sorry, don't let this one mistake get to you though! And good luck on your final tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm glad you have another chance to prove it was a one time thing.

Unknown said...

Gah!! I'm sorry! You have such a great attitude though. You will prove to them how incredible you are!!

Brittney said...

Ugh! Thats so crappy!! But everyone makes mistakes, and all you can do is move forward and be extra careful from now on! I hope you have a better day tomorrow and that everything works out for you!! :)

It's Something Beautiful said...

oh no! I'm sorry :( Just stay positive, believe in yourself and move forward. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I'm so sorry! Everyone makes mistakes. Tomorrow is a new day! Good luck on your exam!

Wiley said...

Ugh that is a tough blow. I did something similar in my first month of my first real job. Happy to say I was given a second chance and am still there. I know you will make the most of the chance, too!

BTW, thanks for following me! I am returning the favour, excited to have found another cool blog.

Julie said...

You ROCK...in the long run everyone will know that!

Ashley said...

Ah, man ... that sucks! But you're right. They have given you a second chance and I know you're going to make the best of it. Brush it off girl and prove to them why they hired you :)