Friday, July 16, 2010

What I'm Wondering Today


1. What's the best job you've ever held? The worst?
2. Do you work best in groups or individually?
3. Do you believe you get paid (or were paid, if the job is past tense) what you're worth?
4. Do you prefer a job that is lucrative, rewarding or challenging? (Only pick one!)
5. Tell me an interesting work-related story.

My answers:
1. My job in college only because it's where I met Al. Otherwise, definitely my current job. I'm learning so much and it's setting me up for some great career options when I graduate.
2. Definitely individually. I tend to have a method and a speed that few others can keep up with!
3. Right now, sure. I think that the experience and education is worth what I might not be getting in money. It's enough to pay my bills and put some in savings. That's all I need right now.
4. Challenging. I never want to be bored and I never want to be comfortable.
5. {Disclaimer: I was 16 and stupid!} I worked at Wal-mart in the clothing section. I often worked with this guy about my age and it was usually nights because we were in high school still. The evening responsibilities often included restocking shelves with new shipments that came in. We got so used to this job that it took us half the time it took most people and we were always looking for ways to pass the time. When we'd go back to the stock room to get more boxes we ended up making out. This happened all the time. We were SO bored. We never hung out other then work, so it was sort of a work-only make-out buddy...And then I got fired. They never said it was for that reason, but HELLO, there are cameras in the stock room. It is Wal-mart after all! Proud of myself for that one, oh man?!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have something for you on my blog :)