Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 6: My Day

Again, I don't think you really care about the details of my day, but I promised to diligently follow this meme so I wouldn't leave my lovely followers without something to read in my absence. At any rate, here was my day:

0530: Hear dogs ringing bell downstairs, stir Al awake to take care of it. He grumbles, but gets up.
0630: Hear dogs ringing bell again, both Al and I groan, roll over and ignore it
0700: Still trying to fall back asleep, dogs ring the bell again. Al gets up. I go to the bathroom.
0730: Al and I lay in bed, talking, kissing, etc...
0800: Finally get up. Shower. I debate over shoes. Get dressed. Debate over shoes once more. Decide I like my outfit.
0815: I check email, Facebook, blogs. Feed the dogs. Start breakfast.
0830: Realize I'm going to be late for class and decide that it's more important to me to spend time with Al then it is go to school for one hour of class.
0845: Eat breakfast. Realize I forgot coffee. Panic. Stop panicking.
0900: Finish getting my stuff together to leave for school.
0920: Let dogs out. Kiss Al good-bye. Start driving.
0925: Sing "Way Out Here" in my car at the top of my lungs. Curse a few cars in traffic. Realize I really want coffee.
1000: Arrive at school. Find my friends. Get coffee before doing anything else.
1010: Set up in the Lab at school with the intention to study. Look at Parade of Homes. Blog. Study a little. Look at Facebook. Check email. Study a little more.
1130: Finish my lab hours. Head to Cafeteria for lunch with friend from school. Gossip about classmates. Bitch about our boring professor. Talk about Al. Talk about her training program and new personal trainer.
1150: Text Al: remind him to go to the dry-cleaner and to get his hair buzzed. Remind him that I love him.
1230: Finish lunch. Get out Evidence book. Attempt to study. Shoe shop online instead. Read 2 cases for today. Take notes. Blog. Facebook. Waste time online. Read last few pages for today's assignment.
1400: Start Evidence class. Admire my professor's bow tie and homemade vest. Tune in and out while taking rigorous notes.
1550: Class is over.
1555: Stop by my locker at school and decide what homework I'm not going to touch over the next couple of days.
1605: Head to the library to print off my mentor handbook. Print handbook. Curse the library staplers.
1615: Stop in the hallway and mingle with classmates. Talk about mentoring incoming students. Talk about skipping the mentor event to go happy hour. Decide against it.
1630: Sit down in commons to wait until Mentor event. Start to feel a little drowsy and sick. Assume it's hunger. "Stalk" my mentor's in the school directory. Look them up on Facebook. Sigh relief that they're all normal looking.
1715: Sign in at Mentor event. Place name-tag on left side of my shirt. Debate with classmates that it should be placed on the right side so it can be read when shaking hands. Switch it to right side.
1720: Get Jimmy Johns at mentor event. Water is better then soda. Sit at my "team" table. Meet the Alumni mentor. Meet my first-year mentees. Determine that they are awesome!
1900: Mentor program ends. Stop at my locker and walk to my car. It's raining pretty hard. Curse forgetting my umbrella. Realize that the sickness I was feeling earlier wasn't just hunger.
1910: Call Al. Ask if he wants me to pick up a movie. We decide to watch the baseball game instead. Stop at the gas station and buy raspberry tea.
1920: Drive home. Road visibility sucks. Realize I am getting really sick. Most drivers have their heads up their butts.
2000: Arrive home. Yell at dogs to get off me. Yell at dogs to stop smelling my butt. Put my bags away and give Al a kiss.
2010: Check my temperature. 100.3. Time for comfy clothes. Curl up on the couch with Al and my tea.
2035: Twins homerun!
2040: Decide if I don't post now, I might not get to it tonight.
2041: Sick. Post blog so I can go to bed.

Love ya'll, good night!

3 comments:

LaDonna Rae said...

LOL I love this is in military time....

Michelle said...

Quite a day! I hope you feel better!

Unknown said...

As much as I love being featured in your blog (however vaguely), if you got me sick because of all the time we spent together today, you will pay.