Friday, September 3, 2010

Monthly Thought-Provoking Question: September 2010


It's Fall! I LOVE fall! The weather, the clothes, the smells, the food!
In addition to those things, one of my all-time favorite things about fall is
FOOTBALL SEASON

In honor of that, here is this month's TPQ:

Are you a football fan? Do you prefer NFL or college football?
Do you have a favorite team (for either NFL, college, or both?)
And finally, tell me your favorite football memory...

5 comments:

Julie said...

GOOOOOOO Vikings!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

This doesn't require much thought on my part. I'm not a sports fan and neither is OccDoc. Sure we like it when the Bears win or when our college (University of Illinois) wins, but we don't watch the games. My family and I went to a Bears v. Lions game on Christmas eve one year when I was 11. it was so freaking cold, that we all huddled under a sleeping bag then the drunk guy behind us spilled beer all over my little brother - so I thought that was pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

I am most DEFINITELY a football fan. I prefer NFL football only because my university didn't have a football team to root for. I'm sure if I go to a grad school that has a decent football team I'll fall in love with college football too. My favorite NFL football team is the Chicago Bears and my favorite football memory was Superbowl Sunday in 2009 with my family. Everyone was having a great time and rooting for their favorite team. It was a wonderful party. =)

mountains-to-climb said...

Huge Broncos fan!! Don't hate! Sure the orange isn't flattering so I sport the blue :)

I'm not a huge college fan but we scored free 50 yd line tix. Took our kids, and my BIL and SIL. BYU vs SDSU. So awesome and our daughter did her own half time show for us. Complete with her own snake dance moves. We still laugh about it!

Wiley said...

I am seriously pumped that the college football season has just started. I heart college football I just wish it didn't come with an 8 month off season! I love the Stanford Cardinal (I used to live a few streets away from the University) and the Ohio State Buckeyes - which involves my favourite football memory. When I was in Iraq, Ohio & Michigan were ranked 1&2. The guy that sat next to me, a Major, was a Michigan grad and being great friends, we spent all day, every day for the whole deployment trying to push each other's buttons, so I took a liking to Ohio to piss him off. Plus, one of the enlisted kids who worked for me was from Ohio, and the two would trash talk football all the time. In the lead up to THE Ohio-Michigan game, the MAJ was really laying it on thick and hammering the PFC. So I told the MAJ that if Ohio beat the Wolverines, he would have to do the PFC's work for a week. The game itself was one for the ages, and we all stayed up until the wee hours of the morning watching it. It was such sweet victory when the Buckeyes won and I got to supervise the MAJ... Amazingly, we still speak! :)