Friday, September 3, 2010

The Lovely Brandi

I was blessed to spend my day in the presence of the glorious Brandi from Excess Baggage!
We tried to put something together before, since she flies into Minneapolis pretty frequently, but something always came up. I guess I can't blame her for choosing to work, over seeing me; especially when the destination is Hawaii. I'll forgive her for that one.
(Especially since I was about 15 minutes late today, oops!)

The good news, we had a blast!
Here was our day:
(Hopefully, she post the other set of photos, since we weren't coordinated enough to take them all with one camera.)

We started our day at Crave.
I ordered a gourmet mac n' cheese with steak, which I ordered medium rare.
At which point, Brandi made fun of me. After all, she's a true Texas girl (who ordered a PLAIN hamburger VERY well-done!)
Both of us thought the food was great (and I have to say I've never been disappointed there.)
Then, we ordered dessert and I ordered a cocktail. It was lunch-time, so definitely necessary.
The picture doesn't even do this justice. It was delicious. If you want one, see Dave at Crave.

After our meal (and about 2 hours of chatting each other up) we decided to hit the mall and shop, browse, people-watch (or, more accurately, people-judge!)
Brandi's best "I'm a teenage, hipster-wannabe" face!
In Old Navy, we realized that one of the workers (Shannon, apparently) was VERY lazy. The hold-tag from FOUR days ago was still on the garment. Major fail from my favorite store.

We connected immediately and I hope it was the start of an awesome friendship.
Let me tell you this: she is absolutely fabulous. Her sense of humor, great attitude and beautiful soul will make anyone want to be around her. She's strong, charming and a total babe. Best of all, we didn't run out of things to say and fun to have.
I really hope to spend a LOT more time with this gal in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one am jealous of BOTH of you for getting to meet each other!

Nicole said...

FUN! :)

Kaylee said...

Fun fun fun!!!!