So, I have to say that I am a little disappointed in the turn out of the Cyber Garage Sale. I got great feedback when I first pitched the idea and I thought implementing the sale would go so well.
And, it has not.
Don't get me wrong: I fully appreciate those of you who have purchased and participated
(Like Elizabeth at City Lights, Camo Nights who can't seem to get the link-up to work for her. Seriously, go check out her stuff RIGHT NOW - she has some awesome shoes and purses on sale!)
I guess I just expected more.
Perhaps it is because it came on the heels of Jessica's announcement, which shook the milspouse blogging community up a bit.
Perhaps I didn't advertise it well enough.
Perhaps I didn't advertise it well enough.
Or perhaps, people were just being polite when they thought it was a good idea.
Whatever the reason may be, it OK.
I'm glad I did it.
It was fun to put together and I am making money.
It was fun to put together and I am making money.
I wanted it to bring more women together, but I am happy with those I did get to know better. All-in-all, it served its purpose and perhaps this next week will be even better!
Now, I am going to pitch a few other things going around in the bloggy-world.
First, go check out Me and My SoldierMan and her Blog-a-versary giveaways.
Particularly this one, which I entered because I think they are SO darn cute!
Then, go here to see what all the lovely ladies have received in their Spring Swap packages.
Mine came two days ago and I have been itching to show you.
My swap partner, Jennifer at Just a Girl totally ROCKED this swap!
I got:
~ TWO great nail polish colors (one which I am currently wearing!)
~ Japanese Cherry Blossom body wash and lotion (which is one of my favorite scents, btw!)
~ A loofah
~ Irresistible Apple body cream
~ A "Speak Out" bracelet [Worn to speak out against violence against women] from Avon
~ A book on how to make home-made sushi
(Which will definitely help check off one of my summer goals!)
And finally...
~ A super-cute polka dot tote which will most definitely be my summer pool tote for my magazines and sunscreen for those sweltering days in the desert of El Paso.
Girl, you did great! Thanks!
5 comments:
I wish I had more to sell .. And I definitely thought it would be a better turn out ..
Yay! I'm so glad you like everything! I got my package today too and I looooove it! I'm posting about it tomorrow.
Super fun stuff from the swap! Sorry your cyber garage sale didn't pan out like you expected! And sorry I don't have anything to sell!
cute stuff!! I love the tote!!
I'm sorry i've been a slacker!!
Post a Comment