Things have been crazy around here.
In addition to my insane schedule, missing Al tremendously, and battling on-and-off sickness, I am looking toward all the things I have to do this summer for my move to Texas.
Which, by the way, happens in 55 days!
It's amazing to me how fast that's coming up.
Al and I have talked a lot about whether or not I would work this summer.
Originally, I didn't consider any other option. In fact, I would have never expected to not work or attend classes. Since I was 16, I have worked full time usually while going to school also. I've never really NOT worked.
After a lengthy discussion, Al's conclusion was this:
"Honey, you work hard all-the-time. Why not take the summer off? You can spend time working on your other school requirements, all those hobbies you've been wanting to pursue and well, the rest of your time can be spent just being my wife."
It was a pretty easy decision after that.
So, for the first time in my life, I will have "free time."
I'm not entirely sure I know what that is like.
I'm not entirely sure I know what that is like.
I figure, however, that the first place to start is to come up with a list of things I want to accomplish will all my free time, such as those aforementioned hobbies and school requirements.
And since I'm taking a quick {VERY QUICK} study break, I figured I'd share those goals with the blog-world. It gives me an easy way to store the list and some minor accountability if I start slacking off by the pool this summer.
(Some of these are borrowed from my 101 in 1001 list.)
1. Take a boxing class
2. Work on my long-paper
(Ultimate Goal: complete research and first draft by summer-end to be reviewed by Prof.)
3. Learn how to cook at least a week-worth of meals
4. Get my conceal-and-carry permit
5. Re-take the MPRE (August test date)
6. Visit family in Arizona
7. Revamp my resume and cover letters
8. Read 10 books from my reading list
9. Take at least one weekend getaway with Al
10. Put together list of employment opportunities for my return to MN
11. Volunteer with an on-post organization
12. Get another tattoo
13. Find bike trails in El Paso and start riding a bike
14. Volunteer with a community-based organization (off-post)
15. Renew my CPR and First Aid certifications
16. Strip and paint the bedroom shelves
17. Learn how to make homemade sushi
18. Sew covers for couch pillows
19. Determine a solid work-out routine
(Ultimate goal: lose 20 lbs, tone muscle and re-gain strength & flexibility)
20. Get boudoir photos taken
21. Determine my final-year game-plan
22. Put together Shutterfly wedding album
23. Make new headboard
24. Practice and re-new my German knowledge
25. Take care of my husband in every way possible!
2 comments:
This is a fantastic list! When I made the switch from full time to part time it was the weirdest feeling. It's good to keep yourself busy or you might go stir crazy. Of course you could always just blog about your craziness... :)
That is a really good list. I've recently been thinking about my goals for this deployment. Some of yours helped shaped some of mine. And I absolutely love what Al said, "just be my wife." Seriously - could eat him up with a spoon because that's so sweet.
Post a Comment