Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Answers

I owe people some answers to the questions that were asked on Day One of my Blog-a-Versary celebration.

Annoyed asked...
Are you buying yourself a new pair of shoes to celebrate?

Oh, how I wish I could. Alas, Al and I are on a diligent savings plan for the months of April and May since I am moving in May and we need all our extra cash for my travel and to whip the apartment into shape when I get there. I guess I'll just have to wear one of the new pairs in my closet (I have two that I can think of that have never been on my feet!)

Whitney at Everything Happens for a Reason asked...
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Definitely as a mother and wife and definitely working in some legal capacity.
I love my career and I know that I will be a part of it.
Really, those are the only two things that are real "guarantees" at this point in my life.
We still revisit the idea of re-enlistment on a regular basis and we still look at options, even as civilians, of places we would like to live.
We have the important things figured out: we want to be together, we want to have a family and we want to live whatever life we do have to the best of our ability!

Just a Girl asked...
What are you most looking forward to completing on your summer goals list?

Out of all my summer goals, there are TWO that I am really looking forward to (besides the obvious of spending time with my husband!)
1. Taking a boxing class.
I've been wanting to for SO long and while I was down this past weekend, we found an instructor on post that will offer me a two week course.
2. Reading 10 books
Reading...for fun is something I just don't get to do while in law school. I read so much already that I usually pick up a magazine if my brain needs the break. So simply, yet something I miss SO much!

And Samantha at Navy Doll asked...
If you could give advice to your teenage self, what would you say?

I LOVE this question!

If I could give advice to my teenage self, I would say...
Love yourself. Only when you are true to yourself, embrace your character and respect who you are will others do the same. Stop trying to impress the world and just be who you are. That is more than good enough for your family, your friends (the ones who matter) and the man who will be your future husband!
Oh, and don't worry that you haven't gotten boobs yet. You will (and you'll wish they were smaller!)

No comments: