I am leaving for Texas in ONE WEEK, just to visit and finally get entered into DEERS.
I will be an official Army wife when I return.
In preparation for my trip, I am bringing a BIG suitcase of summer clothes that I will leave down there. It will be one less box/bag to pack into my car when I make the drive in May.
And since I will be leaving Minnesota in early-May, it's unlikely the weather will get so warm that I will need much of my summer attire here.
I also figured that since I got rid of so many clothes this winter, I owed it to myself to purchase some new items for the "new life" in Texas. I went on an online shopping spree last week and purchased quite a few tops, a few pairs of shorts, some summer-y accessories and a new bathing suit.
The packages started rolling in this week and I thought I would take a study break to open all my presents and "model" them for ya'll. Tell me what you think!
Athleta two-piece bathing suit
I figured it was about time I spent a little extra money on a "big girl bikini."
Usually I just spend $30 on a cheapy one at Target and then throw them after a season or two. More than just a quality bikini that would last longer, I wanted a supportive bikini top that I can actually run around by the pool without worrying about it. Which led me to an athletic bathing suit from Athleta.
Light pink button down top and hot pink skinny belt
Sure, I probably won't wear this much in the scorching heat, but I figured it was a good transition top for spring weather.
Three flowy, ruffle tops: pink "ribbons," yellow checks, and white peasant top. Pair any of them with a pair of jean shorts and I will have my eternal summer wardrobe.
Two belted tunic tops: blue floral with brown rope belt and yellow tee with natural rope belt.
Dressy navy stripe tunic top
This came with a leather hot pink belt, but that's not really my style.
The other item is a heathered pair of cropped sweats, because, let's be real...I will be spending some time lazy'ing around in Texas.
Suede natural sandals
I can NOT wait to wear these with a cute sun dress or cropped jeans.
Purple & grey oversize envelope clutch, which comes with a chain strap to wear it on your arm. I might give this to my sister for her birthday since I won't be here to celebrate with her and she mentioned an adoration for it.
We'll see. If not, it will be a great new, summer, going-out clutch.
There you have it folks! Time to make room in my closet. Happy Thursday!
4 comments:
I love it all! I really love the bathing suit! Especially for the fact that it's supportive. I need something like that!
yay for big girl swimsuits . . . I bought my first non-target one this year as well and I feel so much older! This makes me want to start bringing out my summer wardrobe!!
You should get a sweater/cardigan, too. Keep it in the car at all times. Those crazy people in Texas crank the AC and every where indoors is about 50 degrees. I don't know how many dinners out I sat through sipping my margaritas while shivering. If you have a sweater in the car you can just make Al run out and get it for you when you're cold. :)
love it!! :) I love the shoes, as always! :) love your sense of style, girl!
Post a Comment