Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thoughts Before Bed

As Sunday is coming to an end and I am hitting my last wave of energy, I wanted to comment on a couple of things from the weekend.

First, after a productive Friday, I went to bed early (like 7-ish early) because I felt like I was coming down with something. I felt a little "blah" overall and was hoping to catch it before it got worse.
And I did.
I slept for 12 hours. And I stayed in bed most of Saturday, you know, for good measure.
This afforded me the opportunity to get quite a bit of homework done.

Today, I spent the day with my mom stuffing 150 marriage announcements into envelopes, which I personally, hand-addressed. Mom helped me with stamps, return address labels and putting them all together. I'm still waiting on about 50 addresses from various friends and family, but I am so glad the majority of them are done.

I think I permanently have "the claw" from hand-writing all of them, but I hope the personal touch is well-received by the beloved recipients.

And what about the season premier of Army Wives?
I was pretty disappointed. I don't like the kid-actor they've cast for TJ. I am bored of the Pamela story-line. And, well, I feel like they're just "creating" drama as if, you know, being an Army wife isn't stressful enough.
I am hopeful that this season will be just as spectacular as the last, but I was a little let down by tonight episode. I am, however, DYING to find out who dies.

My prediction: Jeremy.
It would be tragic, heart-wrenching, but the show could totally go on.
The only other person the show could "lose" is Chase.
Anyone else would be so achingly sad and while the show might survive, I don't know that I would.

Finally, it is snowing. Again.
I have lived in Minnesota my entire life but I am so tired of snow.
And this winter seems especially bad.
I don't need beach and BBQ weather. I'd settle for 45 and a pop of spring sun.
I just CAN NOT handle any more snow, sleet or cold.

The up side is that I only have to be here for 18 more days before I head to Texas for a long weekend, where today it was apparently 80 and sunny.

Here's to another week. Good night, world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers to a warm getaway. We seriously need it!

Jennifer said...

Ugh, I hope it warms up for you soon!