Monday, March 28, 2011

Airport #2

My return flight was a red-eye, which I had planned thinking it would give me all day Sunday with Al and I could get home early morning and just start my day right then.
Maybe hit the gym and then a coffee shop, get some homework done and head to morning class.

It didn't go quite as planned...
Al dropped me off (and didn't come in - goodbyes just plain suck and we try to make them short and sweet) with plenty of time after what I went through on my flight down there.
My layover went just fine and I had plenty of time to get some grading done and read one of my assignments for the week. We even arrived in Minneapolis 30 minutes earlier then planned.

This is great, I thought. I can head home and maybe even sneak in a nap!

45 minutes later we are still on the plane.
The "gate hallway" that you walk through when you deplane was broken.
(deplane! deplane! - - Name that movie?)
I'm still not sure if they couldn't get it to work, of if there simply wasn't someone there to operate it since we got in early. Either way, we had to stay on the plane until they got it working. At one point, they were going to pull us to another gate and get off there, but by the time they finished getting all the luggage out, they figured out the problem and we were able to get off.

I didn't have luggage on this trip, since I'd left my summer clothes in the new place. So I headed to my car (which my parents were nice enough to drive over there and park for me so I could drive myself home from the airport.) The idea was to save money on a cab and not burden any of my friends/family with getting up that early to come get me. (It was 4:30 AM afterall.)

By the time I got home, got into my house and unloaded my bags, I was spent.
My plan to hit the gym and make the most of my early morning was soured by my bad mood.
I was exhausted, sad and just emotionally drained.
So I went to bed.

I will tell you all about how fabulous my weekend was and I will announce the winners of the giveaways tonight. In the meantime, I've got another 3 hours of class and 3 hours of studying.
Man, the real world really sucks!

2 comments:

KimberlyInSEA said...

Glad you had a fabulous weekend and made it back safely! Air travel can be quite an adventure ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time despite the travel woes. Sometimes air travel can be such a pain!