Monday, October 8, 2012

A Reveal: Our Kitchen Makeover

 After a few grueling weeks of remodeling the kitchen, we finally have the end results (almost, sort of.) Here are the BEFORE shots to refresh your memory (pulled from the Zillow online listing.)
Blue linoleum floors. Blue laminate countertops. Old, dingy appliances. Drab, dirty walls. Outdated fixtures. It all needed to go!

Of course, we wanted to do the project on a budget and by doing the work ourselves.

The plan:
New tile flooring
Paint walls & ceiling
Paint trim and accents
Paint & refinish cabinets
Re-do countertops
Update light fixtures
Install new appliances

 STEP ONE: Demolition
 STEP TWO: New floors are in! Walls are painted.
 STEP THREE: Counters and cabinets refinished.
 STEP FOUR: Appliances start going in...
 And the final results...
The whole project took two weeks and $2000 - so even though there are things I would still like to change (like real counters instead of just covered counters) I am extremely happy with the results. I have an amazing husband who is handy enough to do these projects and I am grateful for that!

I will take a photo of the other side of the room, where the table is set up, but right now it is storage for all the things from the dining room while we paint those walls. I also plan on doing a post of the pantry and pantry organization, so stay tuned for that.