I am in Denver for the day for the Colorado swearing-in ceremony! By the end of the day, I will officially, legally, actually BE an attorney. How surreal is that? I have literally spent my entire life working for this moment and am thrilled that it has all come together. I'll be sure to give you the recap as soon as I return!
In the meantime, I decided to link-up with From Mrs. To Mama for Show n' Tell Monday rather. Today's theme is "How I met your father" or show n' tell your man!
In the meantime, I decided to link-up with From Mrs. To Mama for Show n' Tell Monday rather. Today's theme is "How I met your father" or show n' tell your man!
1. Tell us how you met your husband and what first attracted you to him.
I first met Al about 8 years ago. We worked for the same company, me in the office and him out in the production plant. At the time we were just friends, and I was too young to know what I wanted in a relationship, so it wasn't until 4 years later that I "fell for him." I was most attracted to his sweet nature and sense of humor.
Read more about our story here.
2. Show us the very first (or an early) photo of you two.
I don't have any photos from that early time because we were only friends for a few months before he left for the Army. This picture is from what I would call our first date:
NYE 2008
And these are from the first few months we were dating (about 4 years ago):
Attending a wedding, January 2009
Hiking, El Paso, TX, February 2009
3. Tell us some of your favorite memories together.
One of my favorite memories is from very early in our relationship. We had visited a water park and decided to hit the DQ drive-thru on the way back. The drive-thru was poorly marked and didn't have an arrow so we accidentally drove in backwards. Rather than turn around, AL ordered and pulled up to the window backwards - with me facing the window. It probably isn't that funny to most people, but I was in hysterics.
I've written about many of our other memories here.
4. Tell us what qualities make him "the one."
He is not afraid to be himself - beer tats and all:
(yep. that's my man.)
He is kind and loyal. He is smart and incredibly funny. He is genuine and trustworthy.
He sees love and respect as unconditional and simple concepts. He gives so much of himself for his friends and family and always puts others first.
5. Tell us what your date nights typically look like.
4-wheeling in Minnesota, March 2009
Drinks at Lavo nightclub in Las Vegas, April 2009
Outdoor concert, Ft. Bliss, TX, July 2011
We both really enjoy good food so more often than not, we will cook a nice dinner at home or try out a new restaurant. We prefer low-cost dates so most of the time we'll pick up ice cream cones and drive around exploring our city - drive up the mountain to a park or ogle expensive houses in a high-end neighborhood. Really though, after spending so much of our relationship apart, curling up on the couch with popcorn and a movie is good enough for us (so long as once in a while, I can put on a great pair of heels and some red lipstick and head out on the town!)
I first met Al about 8 years ago. We worked for the same company, me in the office and him out in the production plant. At the time we were just friends, and I was too young to know what I wanted in a relationship, so it wasn't until 4 years later that I "fell for him." I was most attracted to his sweet nature and sense of humor.
Read more about our story here.
2. Show us the very first (or an early) photo of you two.
I don't have any photos from that early time because we were only friends for a few months before he left for the Army. This picture is from what I would call our first date:
NYE 2008
And these are from the first few months we were dating (about 4 years ago):
Attending a wedding, January 2009
Hiking, El Paso, TX, February 2009
3. Tell us some of your favorite memories together.
One of my favorite memories is from very early in our relationship. We had visited a water park and decided to hit the DQ drive-thru on the way back. The drive-thru was poorly marked and didn't have an arrow so we accidentally drove in backwards. Rather than turn around, AL ordered and pulled up to the window backwards - with me facing the window. It probably isn't that funny to most people, but I was in hysterics.
I've written about many of our other memories here.
4. Tell us what qualities make him "the one."
He is not afraid to be himself - beer tats and all:
(yep. that's my man.)
He is kind and loyal. He is smart and incredibly funny. He is genuine and trustworthy.
He sees love and respect as unconditional and simple concepts. He gives so much of himself for his friends and family and always puts others first.
(See! Total weirdo!)
And, at the end of the day, we balance each other out, push each other towards success, and make each other laugh. 5. Tell us what your date nights typically look like.
4-wheeling in Minnesota, March 2009
Drinks at Lavo nightclub in Las Vegas, April 2009
Outdoor concert, Ft. Bliss, TX, July 2011
We both really enjoy good food so more often than not, we will cook a nice dinner at home or try out a new restaurant. We prefer low-cost dates so most of the time we'll pick up ice cream cones and drive around exploring our city - drive up the mountain to a park or ogle expensive houses in a high-end neighborhood. Really though, after spending so much of our relationship apart, curling up on the couch with popcorn and a movie is good enough for us (so long as once in a while, I can put on a great pair of heels and some red lipstick and head out on the town!)









No comments:
Post a Comment