Last week, I mentioned a big surprise Al had been teasing me with for weeks. Well, on Friday morning, it all came together when my sister and best friend showed up on my doorstep.
Yes, I am crying.
They showed up on Friday, with another friend from school who recently moved to a Denver suburb. We all went to 3 Margaritas for lunch and got to catch up - everything from work, to Colorado life, to Caroline's wedding was discussed! I finally got to see her gorgeous engagement ring in person.
On Saturday, we walked around the city of Boulder, had lunch at this adorable cafe, and then headed back to the Springs for a housewarming party. We had a crew of Al's coworkers over, including their spouses, and we had an absolute BLAST! The highlight of the evening was getting to introduce Megan and Caroline to my Colorado-bestie. They melded together flawlessly. It is so great to know that my favorite people from back home can hang with my favorite people here in Colorado. Not that I expect anything less since I only surround myself with awesome people!
I am still in shock that they pulled the whole thing off. Al is awful with surprises, although I think it helped that it was someone else's surprise versus his own. I even talked to Caroline a couple of times the week or two prior and had no clue. Oh, and my mother totally lied to me. She lied! (She's awesome with surprises and acted as though she had no idea when I called to pick her brain!)
They left on Sunday evening and even though the weekend was much too-short, I was so grateful to have them here. I didn't even realize just how much I needed the dose of home - how much I needed that healing. The weekend left me feeling loved and extremely happy!
So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Yes, I am crying.
They showed up on Friday, with another friend from school who recently moved to a Denver suburb. We all went to 3 Margaritas for lunch and got to catch up - everything from work, to Colorado life, to Caroline's wedding was discussed! I finally got to see her gorgeous engagement ring in person.
On Saturday, we walked around the city of Boulder, had lunch at this adorable cafe, and then headed back to the Springs for a housewarming party. We had a crew of Al's coworkers over, including their spouses, and we had an absolute BLAST! The highlight of the evening was getting to introduce Megan and Caroline to my Colorado-bestie. They melded together flawlessly. It is so great to know that my favorite people from back home can hang with my favorite people here in Colorado. Not that I expect anything less since I only surround myself with awesome people!
They left on Sunday evening and even though the weekend was much too-short, I was so grateful to have them here. I didn't even realize just how much I needed the dose of home - how much I needed that healing. The weekend left me feeling loved and extremely happy!
So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
2 comments:
I suppose I did lie. But it was for a good cause! And It was fun! Love you sweetie. I'm very glad that you had fun witht the girls, I only wish I could have been there too.
A great surprise!
Post a Comment