I am attending my first major work event tonight: our annual financial seminar. I am very excited for the speakers and to work on my networking. I am also looking forward to the wine tasting and delicious appetizers. Plus, this event gave me an opportunity to invite people as my guests, which lets me develop those friendships and working relationships further.
In the midst of prep for the event, I am stopping in to show you a brief tutorial:
my new recipe box.
This is my previous recipe box. The categories simply weren't working any-more and I wanted to give the whole thing a facelift.
Plus, I had all these overflow recipes that had not made it into the box yet, so I needed to transfer them to cards (or simply cut them down) and organize them better.
I gathered my supplies:
-4 x 6 notecards
-colored markers
-clear card dividers
-scrapbook glue
-small labels
Luckily, I had all the supplies on hand and did not need to spend a dime on this re-do project. And I had a Pinterest pin for inspiration:
The box itself was in good shape, so I didn't worry about replacing it. Eventually - when I am a better cook and collect more recipes - I will upgrade the box as well, but for now that's unnecessary.
The categories:
-Apps & Snacks
-Beef
-Breakfast
-Chicken & Poultry
-Desserts
-Dips & Dressings
-Drinks
-Fish & Seafood
-Lunches
-Pasta & Rice
-Pork & Lamb
-Salads & Veggies
-Soups & Stews (Crockpot)
And the final product:
I think the whole project took about 45 minutes, but only because I had so many recipes that were not in the proper form, so I had to cut them down, glue them to notecards, and even write-up my own extra notes on some of the recipes.
Extra tips:
-When you print recipes from online, select the 4x6 option for printing.
-If you are printing from a site that does not allow that option, you can select the option through Word (email me for those specific steps!)
-Layout all your recipes and set up your categories before you start
There you have it, my new recipe box!



1 comment:
Love it!
This is a project I've been needing to do for ages and you have inspired me!
Post a Comment