Monday, July 26, 2010

A Few Necessary Details

I had mentioned earlier wanting to catalog my shoes in photo form.
Well, I took care of that on Saturday and I have the pictures for you. I will get to those photos later in the week, but in the meantime, I have MUCH more important things to cover.

First, I went to my first work party on Friday night and had a great time. I spent about $4 betting on horses and $6 on valet! Ha ha. I guess it's pretty clear where my priorities are!
The food was great, I got to get closer with the people I work with AND I won a Garmin GPS.
Second, I received my Summer Swap package from Flip Flop Chic.
I have to first tell you what happened. Apparently, the post office near her is incompetent (really though, which one isn't) and they completely crushed the package when she originally sent it. It came back to her doorstep totally destroyed! Oof. She e-mailed me and told me she was going to go down there and have them re-ship it.

I got it on Friday!!! Yeah for FUN packages!
I took a picture of the box, because she wrote "DO NOT CRUSH" on the front. Love it!
And this is what I got inside:
Contents: coconut lime shower gel, watermelon foot lotion, Burt's Bees, Clinique Plump and Shine lip gloss, a great summer-y nail polish, tealight candle holders and a key strap (which she made - how talented is she?!)
I just love the whole thing - and I can and will use everything there.
Well done, lady! Thank you!

Finally, I received this award from TWO lovely ladies: Just a Girl and Staci at Rambling Military Wife. Thank you ladies!
The rules of the award are to tell you 7 things about myself and to pass it along to 9 bloggers.
Since I think most of you have already received the award, I will open it up to anyone who doesn't have it. You are all lovely in my eyes!

1. I have large knuckles and have to wear size 8 ring.
2. I have bitten my nails my entire life. It wasn't until recently that I stopped and I really have no idea why or how.
3. One of the reasons I like being in a professional field is because I get to wear heels.
4. No matter how tired I am, I can rarely go to bed before midnight.
5. I'm seriously considering lining one wall of my bedroom in shoe boxes.
6. I wash my hair every couple of days. Day 2 is always my best hair day.
7. My bed really, really needs my man in it. It's just too big these days.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

enjoy all your goodies and its good to hear its not just my mailman that sucks!

Michelle said...

What a nice swap package! Our maillady is opposite of hers and I wish she was a bit more careless. She always stops and talks to me about politics (and mail delivery), but the problem is she and I don't see eye to eye on things, although I don't tell her that! The maillady is not someone you should piss off.

Steph @ Flip Flop Chic said...

So glad you like it! Here's something (not so) funny..I got ANOTHER returned letter from the post office yesterday saying that there was no such number as the address I mailed it to, BUT I have verified the address! I'm starting to think it's just a giant conspiracy against me!

Jennifer said...

I have that same Garmin, and it has saved my life on multiple occasions. I have the worst sense of direction in the world. And I totally think you should line a bedroom wall with shoe boxes!

Unknown said...

How fabulous! Mail is the best AND I am totally addicted to my GPS.

LaDonna Rae said...

LOL I bite my nails all my life too...had WLS surgery was terrified that chewing my nails would send me back to surgery and stopped overnight. Due to WLS the Dr put me on Calcium, Magnisium and Vitamin D3 (amoung other things...) and for the first time in my LIFE I have nails...and they look great...(well except my thumbs lol, I tore them both up over the past winter jamming them scapping ice and snow [yes ice and snow is unusual in DFW, we broke 20 year records in during winter 09-10]...and they are just now looking normal...I'm a klutz, what can I say)

Star Spangled said...

Amen to #3. :)