Ok. I ended up in the ER last night when my fever spiked to 103.5 and we couldn't get it down. 6 days of fever was enough for me. Al was a total champ and brought me to the hospital.
Turns out, the original virus I got presumably weakened my immune system and I caught Pneumonia. I actually think it's been Pneumonia the whole time and the first doctor wasn't doing her job, but that doesn't really matter.
2000 MLs of saline and an IV of Levaquin and I walked out of there at 3AM with NO fever, completely re-hydrated and feeling pretty darn good.
The doctor gave me a script for the oral Levaquin to take for the next 7 days, but I am supposed to be mostly out of the woods symptom-wise in about 48 hours. All I can say is, it's about damn time. I don't know how many of you have consistently run a fever for 6 days straight but it is pure hell. Not to mention it's incredibly exhausting.
So, now that I have a clear head (antibiotic induced, but who can be that picky?) I need to take care of some blog-world business.

First, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the get-well wishes. Many of you reached out here, many of you on Facebook and some even on both and I thoroughly appreciate it!

Second, Mrs. Z. at Field of Dreams gave me this blog award. I've already received it, so I won't be passing it along to others. But I wanted her to know how much I appreciated the recognition. So, thank you Mrs. Z.
Third, Lindsey at A Day in the Life of a Marine Corps Wife tagged me in this "Something About Yourself" thing. Here are my answers to her questions:
1. If you could pick your next duty station where would it be?
We won't have a "next duty station." And technically "we" don't have one at all. Al is currently at Ft. Bliss in El Paso but he will likely be there until his contract is up and then he has decided to pursue an education separate from the Army. Since I am in law school, we will not be in the same place until that time. It happens to be about when I graduate also.
2. How many kids do you have/plan to have?
We've talked about this pretty specifically. The deal is this: we have two. If we get one of each, we're done. If we get two girls we're done (because he's scared to get three!) But if we get two boys, I get to try once more for a girl. We're done at three no matter what.
Snip, snip.
3. What's one lesson you learned the hard way?
Trusting people. Knowing the signs of someone who truly cares about you vs. someone who simply says the words.
4. What is that one meal you eat at least once a week?
Spaghetti. Hands down. I LOVE pasta!
Now, I have to write-up a couple questions and tag some lovely blog-gals to participate.
Tag, you're it:
Ashley (Who's amazing BTW!)
My questions:
1. What's your typical sickness ritual?
2. What's your favorite lazy/rainy day movie?
3. What do you consider to be the most relaxing outdoor activity?
4. Do you play board games? What's your favorite?
Since this post is already too long, I am going to end it here. Tonight I will post Day 12 & 13 of the meme so that I am back on track for tomorrow. Thanks for your patience in my time of recovery.
6 comments:
GOOD GRIEF! I'm glad you're all checked out and feeling much better!
Mel! Sorry that you have pneumonia! But really glad they FINALLY figured it out and that you are on the mend! I am sure it feels so much better to actually be getting better! Oh! And thanks for the question tag!
Yikes, lady! I'm glad you got it all figured out and are on the road to health-ville. I wish you a speedy recovery!
My bloggy friends like you really make me miss it when I get swamped with life and school work. Okay, you're on antibiotics so you know ... be extra careful ;)
Also, I eat spaghetti once a week when the husband is gone. When he's home, it's every few weeks. I scale back for him.
For some reason, I forgot to add that I hope you get to feeling better soon! I'm glad the doctors finally figured out what was wrong <3
I'm sorry you were so sick but very happy to hear that you are getting better! :)
Post a Comment