Day 15: My Dreams
This meme could use come clarification. Am I supposed to talk about a specific dream I've had recently, or a broad overview of the dreams I have for my life? I am going with the latter.
I want to spend each day of my life trying to be a better person. I want to be as educated as I possibly can be. I want to impact the lives of the people around as much as possible. I want a successful career, in whatever capacity that takes (although, I hope to at least be able to pay off the looming school debt and practice in the field I've studied for.) I want a family of my own to cherish, support and encourage. And I want to find the best balance between work, life and all the other things that go along with it.
Day 16: My First Kiss
Ok, so I have TWO "first" kisses. Let me explain...
When I was 5, my parents had a bunch of their friends over for a party. All of the kids, myself included, were entertaining ourselves in my bedroom/playroom, watching movies, etc... One of the other kids, who was 10, decided it would be "cool" to teach me how to kiss. I'm not sure how that worked or if he knew what he was doing. I sure didn't.
I'm not even sure it qualified as a kiss.
I'm not even sure it qualified as a kiss.
I don't know that I would have known the difference at the time.
But I can look back on it and say that I "think" it was a kiss and I KNOW it was completely inappropriate that he did that. Nevertheless, it was my "first kiss."
And for the years following, I proceeded to chase many a boy around the neighborhood, playground and daycare trying to "kiss" them. I'm told this is normal, but I think I had an unhealthy obsession with the concept of kissing since it happened when I was so young.
On the other hand, I had a very astute (and advanced for my age) view of sex and "where babies came from" as a result of a book my mother gave me that same year. So maybe, I just really liked kissing.
My actual "first kiss" - the one I actually claim as such - was when I was 16. I was a late-bloomer and it took me a while to get around to dating, kissing and the like.
(With the exception of my 5-yr-old escapades.)
He was a guy I worked with for a couple years and he'd come over to my house that night to hang out, watch movies, etc... The evening ended in a kiss. It wasn't very good. But it was my first, and for that it was special.
Day 17: My Favorite Memory
I don't know that this is a "favorite" memory, but it is one that currently stands out in my mind. My sister and I spent a lot of time fighting growing up. In fact, there are times we didn't really get along - at all! But, when we did, it was usually an entirely awesome time.
One such time was during the summer (which we usually spent at the lake with Grandma taking swim lessons, dance and art classes, going to the flea market and semi-regular road trips to Duluth to watch the boats and walk the board-walk.) One day, we were hanging out in the back yard swinging and we decided we wanted to recite the movie Lion King...in its entirety. The whole thing. Beginning to end. Songs included. We did voices, we sang, we did the whole enchilada. And it was an absolute blast.
I don't know why that sticks out so much to me, but it does. I think that time means a lot to her too. I sure hope it does...
1 comment:
I had to laugh at your kissing story. In 3rd grade I earned the nickname 'The Kissing Crime' because I used to catch and hold down boys to kiss them. Oh, those were the days...
Post a Comment