So, I've finally convinced Al to go to the Army ball. Actually, I've convinced him that since it's mandatory and he HAS to go, that he should take me with him. It was a much easier battle to win once he made it back to El Paso and they extended his RIT by about two weeks. That, and I never got to come down for Homecoming. The deal was, if I couldn't make it for homecoming, that I would get to come down for the ball.
So, thank you, Army.
(Although, I'd rather have his butt home right now, I am grateful I get to go to the ball.)
I am excited for this experience. Yes, it might be completely lame (like Al insists.)
It might be a bunch of old guys getting drunk while the young guys bail the instant they can.
It might be a complete and utter shit-show.
On the other hand, these reasons just make me want to go more.
AND, it just MIGHT be fun!
Either way, I certainly can't pass up an opportunity to put on a nice dress and some hot shoes.
And get Al in his Class A's. Which he looks AH-mazing in.
Here's my dilemma.
I told Al I was going to buy these shoes and just wear a dress from my closet.
BUT, I don't have a dress that will work for the ball AND go with those shoes.
That leaves me with a couple of options:
1. Find a different pair of shoes and wear a dress I already own
2. Buy a dress and wear one of my many shoes in my closet
3. Screw my budget and buy the shoes AND a dress
If I did option #3, I would definitely make sure I bought a LBD. I don't currently own one.
I figure every grown woman needs a great black cocktail dress in case she has a wedding, banquet, fancy dinner, etc... and needs something quick. It goes with everything, can easily be dressed up or made professional, and can typically work in any season and for any occasion.
It wouldn't be a bad investment to make.
Which leaves me with so many more questions. I need your help!? Will ya'll help me?
Hope so, 'cause there just might be a prize in it for you. {hint, hint}
Stay tuned for more details!
9 comments:
The choice is obvious. You need a LBD. And if you don't have shoes that go with a LBD, you might be beyond help. ;) But, then again, if the dress is new and the shoes are old, then they won't match. And if you have a new dress and new shoes, you will need a new purse...and perhaps some jewelry. Al best start savin' his pennies to get you some extras.
Oh my goodness...now I want those shoes too!
Gah! First! When do you get to go?! Soon!? Second, I just don't know - those shoes are so stinking adorable, that I so want you to wear them, ha ha! So I would go with option #3 - but that DOES mean more money. Hmmm. Although, yes, I do agree that you should own a LBD - always a necessity. Gosh! Hard choices. But in this case, I would say screw the budget and buy both - it's my pregnant impulsivity coming out :)
I'm not sure about Army but I believe the marines is formal enough for a gown rather than a little black dress.. I've heard of women talking about other women who wear short dresses vs. long dresses or gowns.. just a tip, but maybe I'm wrong! Have fun!! Can't wait to see what you end up with.. and option 3 is totally the way to go!
lindseyl0ve.blogspot.com
I would recommend asking how formal this ball is. We've had some balls where a LBD would have made you under dressed. Our last ball was actually very "casual", and a LBD would have been perfect.
I'd definitely go with a LBD!!
love the shoes and the LBD idea. my absolute FAVORITE place to get LBD's is white house black market. they are on the expensive side but when they go on sale they are very reasonable. and the dresses are absolutely amazing..im talking feel-like-its-made-for-you amazing. the only bad thing is that once you try them on...everything else pales in comparison!
Freaking love the shoes! I say if a LBD will work for the ball go for that.
If you can pull off the LBD go for it! The Marine Corps Ball I went to last year almost everyone had on full-length dresses. Which is fine, imo, but some girls had like poofy freaking prom dresses and I think those should be left in high school. Evening gowns, sure, but prom dresses? Wow.
As for short dresses: Most girls completely scoff at the idea of short gowns at military balls, but I REALLY want to wear one this year (I was so uncomfortable last year, I can't really dance in long gowns, even slowly!) I can tell you --- because I've witnessed it --- that if you go short, women will whisper and gossip and probably throw in a few looks your direction, but if you can pull it off and you look and feel beautiful standing next to your man in uniform, who the hell cares? Just do what YOU want to do and rock it girl!!
Post a Comment