Friday, September 10, 2010

Our Homecoming!

He woke up this morning to work on his car with his dad. It's been sitting out at the farm, bearing the elements, so he needs a new battery and to make sure everything else is in working order. This gives me a chance to blog for a minute and squeeze some homework in.

Few words really need to be said here.
He's finally home and I am eternally happy!
Waiting, wringing my hands (my step-dad is working)
Mom told me to get my lips "kissing ready"
My step-dad made a joke about Al getting cold feet and turning around to head back to TX. This was my face in response.
Then he called to say his plane had landed, but it would be a bit because he was in the back of the plane. He said it would be a hours. And let me tell you, it felt like it.
But it was worth it.

Now, since he's here for a month and between quality time together, family and the fact that I still have class and work to attend to - I will be blogging less for the next 30 days.
I promise to give you important updates on cool things we do and share LOTS of pictures of our time together. But insightful, detailed posts will be less prominent.

Instead, I will start the "30 days" thing I've seen a couple of you do.
You can still have a little dose of me everyday (and after reading through them, they will likely tie-in quite well to this month with Al.) Plus, some of them I can set up in advance and let Blogger do the work.
I hope you will stick with me through this time. I promise I will keep up on reading your blogs and commenting when I can. I also promise I will be back to my blogging-self.

In the mean time, I have more important things to get my hands on. {wink, wink}

Preview of what's to come:
Day 1 - Introduction
Day 2 - Your First Love
Day 3 - Your Parents
Day 4 - What you ate today
Day 5 - Your Definition of Love
Day 6 - Your Day
Day 7 - Your Best Friend
Day 8 - A moment
Day 9 - Your Beliefs
Day 10 - What you Wore Today
Day 11 - Your Siblings
Day 12 - What's in Your Bag?
Day 13 - This Week
Day 14 - What you Wore Today
Day 15 - Your Dreams
Day 16 - Your First Kiss
Day 17 - Your Favorite Memory
Day 18 - Your Favorite Birthday
Day 19 - Something you Regret
Day 20 - This Month
Day 21 - Another Moment
Day 22 - Something that upsets you
Day 23 - Something that makes you feel better
Day 24 - Something that makes you cry
Day 25 - A First
Day 26 - Your Fears
Day 27 - Your Favorite Place
Day 28 - Something that you Miss
Day 29 - Your Aspirations
Day 30 - One Last Moment

19 comments:

Kaylee said...

This gave me butterflies and a few tears - oh happy preggo hormones!!! SO glad he is home!!!

Brittney said...

I love all the photos of you guys! You look so happy and in love!!! :) Congrats on having your man home and I hope you two get lots of quality time together! wink*

Jennifer said...

Yaaay! I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

HAPPY HOMECOMING!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy for you!! Even gave you a shout-out on my blog!! (I know I have permission to use a picture, even if I didn't ask first :)

lola said...

Love the photos! :) :) So happy for you guys!

S said...

YAY!!! How exciting! Awesome pictures...you look gorgeous! :) Go have fun with Al...we'll all be waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! Love the dress and shoes!

Anonymous said...

You are so darn photogenic. Seriously.

Enjoy the hell out of your time with him!

Jordan Cole said...

great dress! Congratulations on your man being back in your arms!

Jordan said...

Im doing the "30 days" as well but mine is a little different...looking forward to following yours!

oh! and congrats on getting to see your man :)

Field of Dreams said...

So excited he's home!!! Thanks for the pics:) I know you are beyond words...enjoy your time!

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm clapping my hands (well, I was) because I'm so happy for you, hot momma! You look smokin'! And I can't wait for the meme.

Nicole said...

So so so so happy for you that he's finally home! I started tearing up seeing the pictures of when you finally got to see him and hug him again! Enjoy every single second you get to spend together! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for him being home!

Lisa said...

Enjoy! I love the reunion photos!

Julie said...

Ha! I could only take a few photos and then I started to cry so I had to go hug Scott!

d.a.r. said...

Ahh I am so far behind from being out of town!! YAYAYAY Congrats!!! Seriously, best feeling in the entire world. Homecoming was better than our wedding day!

So glad he is home!

tootie said...

Great pictures!! Love them!