I wanted to give ya'll an overview of our first reuinted weekend.
On Thursday, after I picked him up at the airport, we went to lunch with my parents. We then packed up a few things at my place and headed out to the farm for the night.
He wanted to see his dad, pick-up his car that's been stored there, and "say hi to the farm."
(His words. Not mine. I think he's weird.)
We made it out there with enough time to watch the Vikings season opener game against the Saints.
I won't get into my sentiments on the game (we were completely robbed in the playoffs last year and wanted retribution this time around), but I was sorely dissappointed.
I won't get into my sentiments on the game (we were completely robbed in the playoffs last year and wanted retribution this time around), but I was sorely dissappointed.
On the plus side, we got to watch the game from Dad D's new 3D TV.
Aren't the glasses cool?
The next morning (Friday) I did homework while Al and his dad worked on Al's car. He needed to get his Minnesota plates since he'd paid his car loan off during deployment and transferred the title to Minnesota. He also needed to change the oil, tires, etc... and basic upkeep for a car that hasn't been driven in 9 months. Once those things were out of the way, we ran into town for lunch and to spend a little more time with Dad D before we left for the cities.
Starting Friday evening, we "moved in" to a family friend's house. We are dog and house sitting while they are in Hawaii. It's actually perfect because we get the place to ourselves and get to "play house" during this time. No roommates, no parents, just us.
We went grocery shopping and picked up wine for the week.
We picked up a couple things for the house.
It's really like we live together and so far, it's been amazing.
The only thing I will say is that I am seriously reconsidering dogs. Their dogs are well-trained. They ring a bell by the door when they need to go out, the follow commands pretty well.
But I think due to the fact that they are both under 3 years (one is under 1-yr-old) and they are show-dogs (one is a Champion), they are spoiled. A LOT.
They get special food and strict rules on toys, bones, etc... And they're allowed to run the house. I don't mind most of it, except that the owners will get up in middle of the night to let them out, which I find ludacris. My family has dogs and NONE of them have to get up in the middle of the night except for my grandma - but her dog has diabtetes.
Having to get up in the middle of the night should be reserved for babies, not dogs.
Don't tell Al I said that though... Shhh!
The rest of our weekend was pretty mellow. We went on a walk around the neighborhood with the dogs, looking at houses for sale and trying to get a feel of what our house-styles are.
We went to church on Sunday and out with my parents for lunch. We visited with some of his family (he hadn't met his niece yet) on Sunday evening.
We stopped by my grandparent's house to visit for a bit and on the way back hit an outlet mall. We both got a few nice things for good prices. While I was in Old Navy picking up a couple new shirts, Al asked for my earrings.
(Last year, he bought me a pair of diamond stud earrings. They were simple but pretty. He bought them through a jeweler that allows upgrades and puts the price you spent on the original pair towards the upgrade if you bring the originals in.)
He brought them into the store and we upgraded.
Gorgeous, huh?
Since this post is already too long, I will leave you with a conversation Al and I had Saturday night.
We were curled up together (I was reading for school and he was working on a printing machine he bought) and we had "Say Yes to the Dress" on in the background.
In the show, one of the brides said that she knew she was going to marry her fiance when she went over her "list" of qualities for her future mate and he met every single one of them.
Me: You meet almost all the qualifications on my list
Al: Which ones don't I meet?
Me: Superficial, unimportant ones. They're not deal-breakers.
Al: {nods} I don't have a list, but if I did it would read "Melissa"
Cute, huh?!
9 comments:
I can't see the photos... :( It might just be me, but I wanted to mention it.
I can't see them either:(
The dogs ring a bell when they have to go out!? I need to teach my dog that...
Oh, Al's list is super cute!!! Sounds like you guys are enjoying each other!
Glad you had a good weekend!
Al's "list" made me smile. That's really sweet. Enjoy your time with him!
You're right, the dogs are spoiled :) Nice earings!
Glad that you had a good weekend and are enjoying your time together! And I cannot believe about those dogs, I wish mine was trained even half as well! :)
I know I am so far behind but yay for him being home! That conversation is too cute!
Post a Comment