Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Round-up

I have a couple of thoughts running around in my head. I wasn't sure how or IF I was going to blog about them, mostly 'cause they're mundane. Instead, I was going to do MannLand 5's GTKY Sunday in lieu of a real post, but I couldn't get past the Little Mermaid. Once "Under the Sea" got into my head, it was all over.

I've finally settled on a list of 10 things "rounding-up" my week and look towards the next one

The week in review:

1. Loans came through this week. I still need to sit down and work out my budget for the rest of fall, but it was nice to have some "extra" money.

2. Which meant I did a little shopping. Total I spent about $150 and go the following:
- An awesome red pencil skirt
- A camel-colored circle scarf
- A pair of chunky combat boots
- A long beaded necklace
- A sheer floral boho-style dress
- A grey military-style blazer
- A brown pocket cardigan
- A pink cotton wrap dress

3. I started preparing the house for Al to come
HE COMES IN 4 DAYS! (Oh, did I forget to mention he has an actual plane ticket and will be landing in Minnesota on Thursday! Wheee!)

4. One of the things I did in preparation, was clean the bathroom, more specifically the shower. (If you have a weak stomach, skip to the next number now.) There are three girls in this house, all with long, thick hair. When you get to the point where you're shower in a few inches of water, it's time to clean the hair out of the drain.

5. I spent a lot of time in bed. Normally, I get up and do my homework in the office in the basement. This is mostly because I try to keep my office separate from my bedroom. This week, I was sleeping with my laptop again and I'm not sure why. Al's in El Paso and has a phone.

6. I did not go to the gym at all. This is unacceptable.

7. I made a delicious dinner of talapia, acorn squash and white rice last nice. It wasn't bad but I'm still getting the hang of making squash just right. Oh, and I totally cheated with the rice and made it in a steam bag. I've found that any other way tends to make my rice too sticky or under-done.

8. I STILL haven't gotten any of the sewing done. I've still only made the ONE pillow. I also need to get the curtain up in the office, but I have not found the motivation to do so.
9. I got ahead on some of my homework this week since I had the extra spare time to do so.

10. We conclude the Anniversary festivities today with a Twins game. I am excited about this because they are great seats and my family and I LOVE baseball. And I get to wear the jersey that Al bought me.

10 things to do for next week:

1. For the holiday on Monday, we are going a boat-cruise for my BFF's birthday (rescheduled from when it rained the first time.) Now, the weather shows a 40% chance of rain again in the afternoon. We just can't catch a break on this trip!

2. Pick up wine and beer for Al to arrive

3. Buy a drain trap for all the hair in my shower

4. Pick my mom up on Thursday, drive to the airport and wait patiently (or, like an eager mess, most likely). This will hopefully be followed by some crying, kissing, smiling, hugging and other displays of affection. My apologies in advance to the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport.

5. Go to my Tuesday and Wednesday classes; Work both days; Do my Lexis lab hours both days

6. I NEED to get back into my work-out regime, maybe when Al is home he will run with me, or at least work out on weights and such

7. We are going out to the lake on Thursday night, to spend that first night alone. His parents will join us Friday and we'll leave Saturday morning for a wedding. After the wedding, we are back in the cities for a week of dog-sitting. The best part about this is we get to "play house" for that time and take care of two awesome dogs. Should be fun!

8. I anticipate drinking a little bit this week. I know we'll want to celebrate with some drinks at the lake. Just another reason I need to get to the gym first!

9. I also anticipate eating lots of yumminess, starting with today at Target Field and some sloppy nachos and beer!

10. Finally, I plan on starting a new blog-venture. Stay tuned for that!

3 comments:

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Can't wait to see your new blog venture!

Star Spangled said...

Oooh, sounds like you got some fabulous stuff on your shopping trip! I love pencil skirts.

I'm SO SO SO excited about your upcoming week! It sounds just wonderful. You 2 deserve all the happiness in the world. :)

It's Something Beautiful said...

I'm so excited for you - four more days! I hope they go by fast so you can be with your man before you know it!

www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com