Sunday, October 14, 2012

Holy crap, I passed the bar!!

On Thursday, around 10AM, the Colorado Supreme Court released the list of those who passed the bar exam. I frantically searched through the names until my eyes fell on my own name. That's right, I passed the bar exam
I can't even explain my excitement when I saw my name on that list.
More than excitement, though, was relief.

When it comes to standardized tests, I have never been at the top of my game.
There are two key things (other than knowing the information itself) when it comes to these exams: time management and efficiently ruling-out the right answers. For me, time management was never the issue. In fact, I'm a fast test-taker. So fast that I don't carefully read questions and make a mistake that would easily be avoided if I simply read the question! 

All this in mind, there was a part of me that really, truly, thought I was going to fail.
I know that sounds silly. I am confident in myself, but I am also realistic when it comes to my strengths and weaknesses. 
I am smart. I will make a damn good lawyer. But I am not a good test-taker. So the reality was that I could, quite legitimately, fail the bar exam. 

Instead, I passed. I passed the bar.
Three years of law school. Three months of exam studying. It all paid off.
In a few weeks, I get sworn in and can officially practice law in the state of Colorado.
Just call me Mrs. JD!

8 comments:

Dani said...

CONGRATS!!! Awesome news, now go out and celebrate with the husband :)

Also- kitchen remodel looks fantastic! Good work!

Jenna said...

Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Congratulations! That is so amazing :)

Michelle said...

Fantastic news! I bet that feels like a giant weight off your shoulders without worrying about whether or not you passed. I'm so happy for you!

Garth said...

Congratulations! We are very proud of you!

erika said...

We never doubted you. :) Congratulations! What a huge accomplishment.

Mrs. Duh said...

Way to go! That is a BIG accomplishment!! Many congrats!!

Feisty Mama said...

Congrats on passing the bar very cool!!
And thanks for checking out my blog!!