Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Change of Heart

This whole ring talk sort of spiraled out of control. Instead of turning into a nice, loving conversation about getting engaged, it made me a worried wreck and made him think I was a superficial b*tch. It took all the romance out of something that should be, well, romantic.

So today, instead of hashing over the same details, I made a decision.
To make a long story short, it is more important that someday in the future he proposes and I say yes. Everything else is just filler. Hopefully, this puts the romance back in the whole thing and we can move forward.
Forward to the next step in our lives together.

REMINDER: Don't forget to enter my contest! Click the link just below the header and enter. You have until 23:59 tomorrow to do it!

I love you all and thank you for your readership and support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that's how the conversation turned out. =( I think, though, that part of marriage is learning how to "fight" in the right way...if that makes any sense! LOL!

Mel said...

I really feel OK about this whole thing. I would much rather let him take pride in finding and picking out a ring I'll love and leave the romance in the proposal than turn it into a big ordeal. Plus, he has an idea what's important to me, the basics at least and I am confident that he will pick something I love!

And I agree with you that it's about fighting the "right" way - but it's also about fighting for the right things. This fight was hurting more than helping so I moved on.