Thursday morning I woke up early, packed my overnight bag, filled my car with gas and drove 2 hours out of town to visit Al's parents. Al grew up on a hog farm, which his parents still own and operate. It was wonderful to see them, cut-off from connections (Although I cheated and connected to their wi-fi from my cell when Al tried to get a hold of me - that's one person I won't cut off from) and get some quiet and fresh air.
I'm a city girl through-and-through, so the miles of dirt roads and horrendous pig smell are not exactly my cup of tea. On the other hand, there's something completely beautiful about the worn-out and loved buildings sitting on a natural backdrop; old churches and roads that go on forever. Enjoy my pictures below.
And it wouldn't be the country without the proper mode of transportation and a designated parking space for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment