Monday, May 17, 2010

When fit hits the shan...

Had a pretty interesting day, which I will share in detail tomorrow.

Al and I had a heated discussion/fight/argument which we resolved after about an hour on MSN. I am continually impressed at how well we fight. I know that sounds funny but I think a good indicator of the health of a relationship is when you can fight honestly, respectfully, and fairly. We're lucky in that fighting fair has never been a problem for us and I am proud of how well we deal with conflicts when they come up. And pardon me for saying so, but it's a total turn-on to be able to duke it out, resolve an issue and still think the man on the other side is the sexiest one I know. Perhaps even more so.

That, however, was not the most exciting part of my day. That came later, when I had a sit-down with my roommate. If you recall, I was having some issues with him (and his girlfriend). The solution to these problems has been for me to move out, which is happening in July. I have a month-to-month lease and could have (probably should have) left sooner, but chose to give him the respect of staying until July so I didn't stick him with any bills. Which is why what happened was such a slap in the face.

Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

Rei said...

I also appreciate it when I'm able to fight honestly and respectfully. I think it is a good indicator of the maturity in your relationship. Go you!