This sucks. I'm up to my eyeballs in finals. I have the hardest of my four exams tomorrow = Contracts. The concept and the subject-matter actually really interest me. But the exams are God-awful. Multiple choice. (I know, you're thinking that should make them easier, but usually there are two correct answers and almost always they contradict each other.) It's also the only exam that is cumulative of THE WHOLE YEAR. It's brutal.
So, I've basically studied 20 of the last 24 hours.
I can't really tell if I know anything more than I did yesterday. All the terms, concepts, laws and cases are running together and I just hope something comes together in time for the exam at 1 o'clock tomorrow. Truth be told, I rocked the mid-term. But in the law school world where 1 point could mean the difference between B and C, I can't count on that for a darn thing.
I'm meeting a friend in the morning to go over notes and quiz each other (and fuel up with gallons of coffee.) But what I really want is a stinkin' cigarette. I quit officially when I was training for the Navy. Mostly because, well, smoking simply isn't conducive to hard-core workouts. I'll still have one here and there (especially when Al's home - He's a bad influence with all his Army-inspired coping habits rubbing off on me.) Since I've been in law school, though I haven't bought a single pack of cigarettes - which anyone who knows what it's like to quit smoking is the best way to keep yourself from doing it.
(If you have them, you'll smoke them.)
I've done a good job staying away from the poison-filled, addictive cancer sticks of sweet deliciousness. I made it through November when Al left for Iraq, December finals and 6 months of deployment. Sweet Jesus, do I want a cigarette more than anything in the world right now.
Just one. One...
No comments:
Post a Comment