Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

Mom,

Today is Mother's Day and I wanted to thank you for everything you've given me.

You gave me life, and provided love and discipline, so I could be healthy. You taught me respect, for myself and others. You put my feet on a path towards happiness and success and you taught me the value hard-work so I would appreciate those things I earn. You gave me an example of strength, of both head and heart, so I could make it through the hard times.
You gave me support when I needed a parent and a friend. Most of all, you gave me...You.

I know that every dream you had for yourself and every plan you made was done with the idea of being a mother. Through good and bad times, mistakes and successes one thing has ALWAYS been clear: you love me (US) unconditionally. Thank you for anything you gave up along the way to be the best mother you could.

As a kid, we do everything we can to avoid becoming our parents. As we both know, it was pre-determined; there was nothing I could do to stop it. I hope one day to have babies of my own and pass on all the same things to them.
You're a damn good mom and of all the traits I've gotten from you, that's the one I hope for the most. I will try to give the job half the honor you have. I won't let you down.

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Good morning sunshine! Thank you so much for the beautiful Mother's Day blog post! It's been a road with curves, hills, valleys and most of all beautiful mountain tops. And honestly I feel that most of the time we've been on top of the world even when the rest of the world did not know it. I've been blessed with two of the most beautiful, smartest and honorable daughters. It does a mama proud! I love you!

Julie said...

One more thing...I learned not to read your blog while eating toast. I got all choked up and could not swallow...not good! I was crying, laughing and choking all at the same time. Crying because of your beautiful post, choking because of the toast and laughing at myself for crying and choking. But of course I made it throug...whew! ;)

staceymichelle99 said...

Hi there! Found you on the bloghop...look forward to following you. Here is my link: http://www.staceymichelle99.blogspot.com/

I have to agree with your post...as a kid I never wanted to become my mother...and now that I am just like her...I wouldn't have it any other way!