I've had some awful ones recently.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think a lot of military SO's go through periods of time where they dream all sorts of bad things about their soldier and I am no exception. It's really part of the territory. But the dreams I've been having lately are nothing like that.
They started out obscure. I'm doing weird things (catching lobsters, brick-laying, having dinner at places I've never been) with weird people (random celebrities, people from my past, complete strangers). I don't really remember any specifics, nor were any of them significant enough to care.
Then they started getting creepy. Nothing morbid or overly dark. I'm walking alone in the middle of the night down a long road. Again, I don't remember the details and when I wake up I really don't recall anything more than a singular image.
I also don't feel scared or sad. I wake up from all of these dreams and I'm lonely. I'm lonely as hell. We're getting so close to Al's homecoming that I'm getting antsy. I can only hope to kick this feeling once summer gets rolling and I get a change of scenery. Some new classes, maybe a job and definitely some free time I'm sorely lacking. Then again, free time might be the exact opposite of what I need right now.
So, I think I am going to put together a list of things I want to do this summer. New things I want to try, people I want to catch up with. Anything to help me get through the next couple of months. I want good dreams again. And I don't want to be lonely anymore. So I won't be.
(But just in case, babe, could you hurry your ass home please?)
No comments:
Post a Comment