Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another Award

I was recognized by Just a Girl with another award! Thank you! It definitely makes me feel good to know that I'm recognized by my peers in the blog-world.

Following the rules of the award, I've included the following 7 things about myself.

1. I love learning. I have never felt more at home then when I'm getting an education. I plan on getting a Ph.D. in addition to my J.D. someday.

2. I love summer. Which is odd for a life-long Minnesota girl. I enjoy sun, beaches, BBQ's, outdoor sports, a cold beer under the summer-night-sky...I could go on.

3. I am learning to enjoy cooking. I've never been very domestic. In fact, I'd rather work on a car and watch a ball game then sit in the kitchen. I am aware, however, that I want my children to eat someday and that I enjoy eating well and cooking it myself is the best way to accomplish that. I still refuse to clean and sew though.

4. I own too many shoes and too many books. Neither of which I am ashamed of or plan on changing any time soon!

5. It was only when I came to law school that I gained a handful of fantastic girl friends. I had one great girl friend from childhood and my sister but other than that ALL of my friends were guys. I think some of the drama went away when the immaturity did.

6. My dad is a nice guy, but he's sort of misguided on what it takes to be a parent. My step-dad on the other hand, is a fantastic man who has taught me a lot and supported me through much of my life.

7. Starting this blog was the best decision I made this year. It has been inspiring, empowering, therapeutic and I've made A LOT of friends!

I am also passing this award along to the following people:
1. Karissa at Being a Better Wife
2. Staci at Random Ramblings
4. Manda at My Explosive Life
5. Kaylee at Small Wonders

4 comments:

blank said...

Aww! Thanks for thinkin' of me! :)

And, I kinda started on your button... but I have NO idea what you want! So shoot me some ideas lady! :) What kind of font? What shape? What should it say? Any image ideas?? let me know!
-Karissa

http://karissathomas.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

I'm also following you now (I thought I already was whoops!)

Star Spangled said...

Aw, thank you!! Funny, I'm trying to learn how to cook too. It's coming along slowly but surely.

Jennifer said...

I love summer too, nothing better than hanging out by the pool and BBQ!