Today's my birthday! I am 26 years old. Instead of some heart-felt story of the first quarter of my life spent on this earth, I'll share with you other reasons to celebrate today.
- First woman issued a US Patent (Mary Kies, for weaving straw) in 1809
- Karl Marx born on this day in 1818
- Napoleon Bonaparte (French Emperor) dies in France in 1821
- American Medical Association organized in 1847
- Carnegie Hall opens in NY, with Tchaikovsky as the composer in 1891
- Cy Young of Boston pitches perfect game against A's in 1904
- Ann B. Davis (Alice on the Brady Bunch) born on this day in 1926
- Jesse Owens sets the world long jump record in 1935
- Ghandi freed from prison in 1944
- Rex Goh (Air Supply lead guitarist) born on this day in 1951
- First large-scale US Army ground units land in Vietnam in 1965
- Charles Nagy (pitcher, Cleveland Indians) born on this day in 1965
- Danielle Fishel (Topanga, Boy Meets World) born on this day in 1981
5 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!! How can you go wrong sharing a birthday with Alice?? Hope you have a great day!
Um, why is Karl Marx something to celebrate? Just saying...
Now I'm ALL about celebrating YOU! Love you, Mom
Is it bad that in that whole list, I'm most excited about Topanga's B-day? Aside from yours, of course.
Happy birthday to you!
Mom - Karl Marx isn't someone to celebrate as a person, but he certainly significantly shaped our history which is worth recognition (or notariety.)
Rachel - No! I love that Topanga and I share a birthday!
Thanks for the birthday wishes, all!
Post a Comment