(**I swear that I'm not cheating on my "no internet" pact for the week, I am writing this in advance. I just cannot let down my avid readers (ahem, Ms. Kay) and not post regularly.)
Enjoy some tidbits about me, from A to Z.
A. AREA CODE: I will forever be a 612 girl
B. BED SIZE: Queen. I love it. But it's certainly a LOT bigger when he's gone.
C. CHORE YOU HATE: I loathe doing the dishes. I would rather clean the bathroom toilet then scrape food and gunk off the pots and pans.
D. DOG'S NAME: None. I really, really want one, but it simply wouldn't be fair to a dog when I'm gone 10-12 hours each day.
E. ESSENTIAL "START THE DAY!" ITEM: Coffee
F. FAVORITE COLOR: Blue
G. GOLD OR SILVER: White Gold or Platinum
H. HEIGHT: 5' 9"
I. INSTRUMENTS YOU PLAY: I can play a couple of notes (not songs) on the piano, trombone and recorder (shout out to 4th grade!) But I can (sort of) sing. I would make one sad one-man band.
J. Job: Student
K. KIDS: None, someday definitely
L. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS: 2 bedroom apartment in the city with my best (guy) friend. This will, however, be changing very soon as I am moving to a new house about a mile away. I love living in the city and close to school so that will not be changing.
N. NICKNAME: Mel, Melba, and Baby (from Al)
M. MOM'S NAME: Julie
O. OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAY: None.
P. PET PEEVE: Bad drivers. 'Nuff said. 90 % of the people on the planet don't understand basic concepts of signaling, turning, merging and the proper use of the fast lane. If you are one of them, leave the road to those of us who do.
Q. QUOTE FROM A MOVIE: It's more of a scene or passage:
"It's hard being left behind.
I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he's okay.
It's hard to be the one who stays.
I keep myself busy. Time goes faster that way.
I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone.
I take walks. I work until I'm tired.
I watch the wind play with the trash that's been under the snow all winter.
Everything seems simple until you think about it.
Why is love intensified by absence?
I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me."
Audrey Neffinger, The Time Traveler's Wife
R. RIGHTY OR LEFTY?: Righty
S. SIBLINGS: 1 sister = Ginger, 2 half-sisters = Em and Sophie, 1 half-brother = B.G.
T. TIME YOU WAKE UP: 0600 - I am slowly becoming a morning person because the older I get the less my brain functions at night and the more I need my mornings to get things done. I figure once Al and I live together, this will come in handy to correspond with his early mornings.
U. UNDERWEAR: Love me some Vicky's!
V. VEGGIE YOU DISLIKE: Radishes - otherwise, I love veggies!
W. WAYS/REASONS YOU ARE LATE: It rarely happens, but if it does it's definitely because I was doing something on the computer and lost track of time OR I didn't estimate the appropriate amount of traffic to get somewhere.
X. XRAYS YOU'VE HAD: Teeth, back (2), right knee (4), left wrist (2), right wrist (2) and right ankle (1).
Y. YUMMY FOOD YOU MAKE: I don't "make" a whole lot of anything. I am not a cook in any sense of the word. I eat a lot of pasta and easy chicken and fish dishes. I do make a great dessert called Portafina that I reserve for special occasions since it has wine in it.
1 comment:
You forgot "Sunshine" :) Love you!
Post a Comment