Thursday, May 13, 2010

Out of Range

I will be leaving early today to head out to the farm. Al's parents own a hog farm and since I have some free time right now, I figured I'd take this opportunity to get out of the city for a couple of days and visit them.

Cell service is usually limited and I really want to "cut myself off" for a couple days so I will NOT be bringing my laptop. (I'm only 2 hours away if I start getting hives or other withdrawal symptoms.)

I really don't have anything "planned" while I'm there, just some eating and drinking (those small-town folk are excellent at both!)
I might help his dad build a deck and do some other work around the farm.
I will definitely take some cool photos and sleep in. I'm bringing a stack of books to read.
No matter what I do, I am really looking forward to spending some time with his parents. After all, they miss him too.

Don't forget to vote on my entry for the writing contest.
You can read it below. Then click on the link and vote on her sidebar.

Much love and see you in a couple of days!


4 comments:

Star Spangled said...

I'm going to the ranch this weekend, and I'll be out of cell range too! It's so nice to get away from it all every now and then. I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. :)

staceymichelle99 said...

Hi there, fellow military wife here. Found you through the blog hop. Look forward to following you. http://staceymichelle99.blogspot.com. :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Emily said...

Have fun! Unplugging yourself from reality is nice everyonce in awhile!