I'm back from the overnight festivities of my baby sister's 21st birthday. It was the perfect amount of fun, libations and responsibility. She's safe, happy, and reveling the enjoyment of a night well-spent. I will regale you with the story tonight.
In the meantime, I am checking in quickly to read-up on the blogs I missed in the last 24 hours. I've gotta say, since I took the data plan off my Blackberry (as part of the money-saving plan) and I no longer have access to my email, Facebook or blog unless I'm home in front of my laptop, my life seems a little empty. I can't wait until Al gets home and we get our new phones and I regain my access to the world. But I digress...

First, I want to direct you to Navy Doll's blog. I was nominated (YAY!) for Book-Worthy Blog in her reader's choice contest. Please go vote for me. There are some cool prizes, which I would be totally stoked to win. Even more then that, I am so incredibly honored to even be nominated - and therefore completely grateful that my blog readers think I'm that interesting to read! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Second, I received this award from K at Beautiful Mess. The rules are to tell 10 things about yourself and pass the award on to other bloggers. I'm going to challenge myself to do "quick facts" of one sentence each for all of them. So here goes...
1. I dyed my hair once and will never artificially alter my hair again.
2. I am totally thrilled that I get to renew my passport next year.
3. I want a dog really, really bad.
4. I wish the Lifetime by my house had a pool.
5. I wear size 9.5 shoe and a size 8 ring.
6. My favorite flower is the yellow tulip.
7. Both Al and my sister told me I look slimmer, however I've lost no weight.
8. I have a smallish, purple-red mark on my arm that doesn't hurt or itch and I don't know what it's from.
9. My apartment hallway doesn't smell like weed today.
10. I am having a good hair day despite not touching it since last night.
I pass this award on to the following blogs:
(I'm not really sure what the award is "for" so there are no real stipulations other then I like you and want you to have it! And I tried to pick people I haven't picked before.)
Reina at Semper Gumby
Whitney at Everything Happens for a Reason
Ashley at Ashley Amazing
5 comments:
Congrats on the nomination and the award! I'm glad your sister had a good time on her birthday! =)
Thank you for my award! Congrats on your nomination, I'll go and vote for ya! :D
Glad you had a good time! I am so attached to my BB that I think you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands to get me away from it. I realize this is not a good thing. I think there's something to be said for being "disconnected" for a little while, because it means you can be more connected to the people who are actually right in front of you.
Gabrielle at thewifeyblogs (well now she's etceteralife.com) listed you on my blog roll when she made my blog and I just now got around to reading your blog. I'll definitely go vote for you, From what I've read I really like you :)
You should check out my blog as well! I'm a Marine Corps wife (originally from Alabama) and now living in Hawaii.
Yay, thats so exciting! And also keep your eye out tomorrow for the giveaway prize I mailed you! i hope you like the goodies! :)
xoxo
Post a Comment