So, I wasn't able to get to Habitat today. I woke up this morning, an hour late, with my alarm clock blinking 12:00. I can't figure out if it had to do with the storm (we had a tornado watch last night and quite a bit of wind) or if something else had happened. There didn't appear to be any other electronics off throughout the apartment, so I chalk it up to something I did when I set my alarm last night. I contact the project manager at Habitat and she was very understanding (whew!) and told me I could come on the next build day (Wednesday.)
I am a little bummed. I was pretty excited. I layed out my clothes, set the coffee pot and had a lunch ready for the day. It was like the first day of school (minus the coffee!) Oh well, the important thing is that I can help, so I will start next week and go from there.
A few quick happenings in my blog-hood. First, I am on spotlight over at Musings of an Army Wife. Don't visit to check me out, you read me every day. But go check it out to see her. She's a pretty amazing woman and a great blogger, so she's worth reading!
Second, I received a lovely blog award from Photina at one Guy in a house of Girls. Thanks lady. I will add the button to my awards list on the sidebar, but I am not going to follow the rules of the award and hand it out. Not because I don't love you all, but because I love ALL of you too much to narrow it down. Yeah, so I'm a little lazy too!
Finally, Jessica from {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife is hosting a financial blog hop! You can meet wonderful blogging ladies AND learn some financial tips. Hop on over there and join in on the fun (and the smarts!)
Now for other news. Since I mentioned the red lipstick thing, and ya'll were so encouraging, I tried it for class last night. Eek. I got compliments that it worked well and wasn't trampy (although I must note that Al compared me to Christina Aguilera "before she was trampy but after she was innocent" - which I think is him complimenting me!)
Behold, my red lipstick:
(Click to enlarge the photos)
I also took a couple of photos of my first sewing project! I made a pillow cover for my bed.
This is the final product:
The hand-sewn edge:
And the corner:
So, there you have it, folks. That's the smörgåsbord of stuff going on in my life and in blog-land. I hope you will all link-up below on my Wondering meme. It's all about volunteering and thought it was a cool way to learn more about it.
Happy Friday All!
9 comments:
Pretty lady! I love the lipstick! I don't think it's trampy at all. =)
And, yes, you can totally link up to a post you already wrote.
Have a wonderful day/weekend!
I love the red lipstick! simply gorgeous darling! :)
You seriously rock the red lipstick! I love the pillow! I used to make pillow, but I would super glue the fabric together...lol!
Yawzers! Hot Momma! That red lipstick looks so sexy! I can't believe you had a tornado, I am so scared of those!
Love the red lipstick on you! And yeah, I think what Al said was indeed a compliment. :)
The red lipstick looks great! That stinks you weren't able to make it to Habitat, but I'm glad you get to still help out! It also stinks about the tornado watch. We had CRAZY weather here yesterday! Tornado watches/warnings. A tornado touched down about 100 miles NW of here. They got 3.7" inches of rain in town at the airport! Streets were flooding and there was no travel advised! I hope you guys didn't get that crap!
I love your natural beauty. That red lipstick looks great on you -:)
Musings Of An Army Wife
I'm a new follower! I found you from The Young Retiree!
Those pillows are better than anything I could have done lol. And I like the lipstick, it suits you very well!
~Sarah
http://confessionsofasailorswife.blogspot.com/
I only *wish* I could pull off red lipstick. Yeah, not so much on this face. Ha ha. And, I love the fabric selection for the pillow.
Post a Comment