Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why Me? Wednesday

Rambling Military Wife

Why did it take until my last day cat-sitting for the cats to decide to puke and poop in two different areas of the house? Why did it have to happen at 6 AM?

Why did I have to stop in the middle of mowing the lawn due to rain, only to have it rain sporadically throughout the afternoon preventing me from finishing? Why does the yard look silly because 1/4 of it is un-mowed?

Why do I expect my cool care package ideas to get big reactions when they usually get an un-enthused "thank you" and a barely-smile? Why do I continue to get my feelings hurt when it's my fault for thinking this one is cooler then the last so he'll HAVE to like it? Why was his favorite part the pack of cigarettes (his favorite brand which he can't get over there) that we agreed was to be his LAST pack ever? Why do I even send care packages?

8 comments:

Star Spangled said...

Aww I bet your care package was awesome! Maybe Al was just tired when he opened it?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the feed back on my post, It helps a lot when I get in one of those moods. I like your Meme :) Maybe I'll join up!

Oh and I'm sureee he enjoys your care packages :) especially if he can't get those favorite cigarettes. He just may not know how to express it over the distance. Keep your head up and sending the love to him :) How long does he have left on his deployment?

Ashley said...

Awe, I'm sorry. My husband doesn't get very excited about much of anything. Well, I take that back .. he get's excited about football and "other" things. If you want, you can send me your care packages I promise to send you pictures of me jumping up and down loving everything in them! <3

Brittney said...

awww I'm sorry hun. Thats so shitty when your guy doesn't fully appreciate the little things you do like that. :( Hope you're feeling better soon.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You can always send me your care packages! I promise to properly appreciate them! =)

I was cat sitting a friend's cats a few months ago. In the fourteen years she has owned these cats, she never had any issues with them not using the litter box or throwing up. I spent two weeks cleaning up cat feces and throw up from all over her house. Yuck. Maybe it's a cat thing...

S said...

Aren't animals fun? I want to kill mine. Not kidding!

I bet he does appreciate your care packages, but he's a man. I leave John little love notes and stuff before he leaves for work for 4 days at a time and I get a big fat nothing while he can take the time to check his Facebook before he leaves. It hurts my heart, but men are kinda dumb sometimes and they don't realize our need to be appreciated.

Mama D said...

Ah! My guy is the same. I'm always super excited about my care packages that I'm sending, but I've come to realize he just doesn't get excited about stuff like that. You just have to know he appreciates it and loves you no matter what.

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness...I loved putting together care packages but usually I thought they were way cooler than he did. Ha! I'm glad I found your blog.