Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I have no clue...

I went to bed last night with a slew of neat posts running through my head. I woke up this morning with absolutely no idea what I wanted to blog about.
I am spending the day in court, shadowing an Alumni attorney at her job. She's a clerk for a judge, so it should be a pretty neat experience. She set me up to come on a day where there were lots of "interesting cases" to hear. We'll probably go to lunch and talk about school and working for a judge and I can pick her brain about clerkships.
It's also kind of exciting because I get to go put on my nice clothes and shoes (which always makes me feel cool and important.) I love the sound the clip-clop makes when you wear heels in a sky-way or on a marble floor. It makes me feel like I have a purpose! Ha ha.

I have night class tonight. I am debating leaving my computer at home so I don't have any distractions. I tend to half-listen in class when I have so many other things I could be doing on the internet. If I leave it at home, I have no choice but to listen.

Tomorrow, my GF and I are heading to the Sculpture Garden in the city. It's one of those things I haven't been to since I was a kid; that usually tourists do while they're hear; that we never enjoy because we've lived here our entire lives and it's always, just, "there."
We figured it was a nice, outdoors (and FREE!) thing we could do to enjoy the day.

OK. I have to finish getting ready to pretend I'm important today!
I'll tell you about all the juicy cases when I get back from court.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL! We never get around to doing touristy stuff until a month before we PCS. Then, we're super tourists trying to see it all in a few weeks before we leave. Have fun and I totally know that feeling you mean when you hear the sound of your heels.

Jordan Cole said...

I feel you on the heels clip-cloping. That's why I always wear them...that and they make your calves look AMAZING!!!! I always type my blog ideas into a phone.lol.

lola said...

Are you by any chance talking about the sculpture garden in DC? Visiting? (sorry, I miss DC mucho!)

I LOVE the sound heels make too! (Almost as much as I love how they make my calves look!) ;)

Rei said...

I totally feel you on the heels making sound and you feel like walking with purpose. I do too!

ThinkFeminist said...

Waiting for the juicy cases. I am now following your blog! My husband just joined the army and he is off to military training (BCT and OCS). I am glad to find blogs like yours to keep me sane.

www.musingsofanarmywife.blogspot.com

Kaylee said...

have fun getting all fancied up and walking around in your heels - i love the sound it makes too! and have fun at the sculpture gardens - it's always fun to get to, even when you have lived here forever!!!