I was informed today that mail is being cut off on the post Al is on. I was also informed that they are most likely moving into different rooms/barracks that will not have internet.
The worst part, we no longer have ANY return date.
The worst part, we no longer have ANY return date.
Not that the return dates the Army gives are ever final. But still...The return date/s we've been given keep getting moved around, and now we're informed that it could be any time spanning months. MONTHS.
It might still be months until he's back in my arms and NOW I can't even web-cam or send him care packages. I can't Skype or Magic Jack (which was saving me TONS of cell minutes). We'll be back to phone calls when he can get to the hub to do it - maybe every couple of days if I'm lucky.
Excuse me while I scream.
I'm running around this weekend to put the finishing touches on my recent care package so I can get it out Monday. Even this might be pushing it, but I'm willing to risk it because I put A LOT of work into this one. (PLUS, if we're going to have less contact going forward, I really want him to have it.)
I guess I've been a little spoiled. When Al first deployed, he was able to call me or email me about every other day. For the last month, we've been able to web-cam daily (for hours, sometimes) and we can call each other at our leisure because of the Magic Jack.
So, maybe this is hitting me harder then it should because I've gotten so used to "the good life" of having daily contact.
Who am I kidding?!
It's not as though I get to kiss him goodnight, fight over the covers, fall asleep in his arms and slap him on the butt while he's brushing his teeth the next morning. No. I don't get those things. Instead, I get the wonderful world of modern technology (which I mean unsarcastically) and the warm, velvety touch of a web-cam (which I mean completely sarcastically.)
So pardon my complaining. I may have been lucky to have the contact I did, which is now being taken from me. But until I have him home, in my arms and in my bed, I am going to complain. Not often. Just when it really sucks. Like now.
Army, please. Just this once, give me a break. Please.
11 comments:
Ugh; that is so frustrating! You are definitely allowed some complaining freedom on that one. And some tears. And some ice cream.
Complain away! You can vent all you want to us. (((hugs)))
Oh, this is not fair! I hate the uncertainty that comes with this profession. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose. My best friend just told me her boyfriend in Iraq is overstaying as well, and they dont even have a return date either.
I am not looking forward to this way of life. I will not live. I think, I have made a huge mistake on this one. I am really frustrated right now.
Hang in there, i know i am not sounding encouraging right now. But you are strong. Still send the care package and let's hope he gets it.
Let us know if you happen to hear words from him that he got it.
Ugh. Dumb Army. *Hugs* This is totally vent worthy.
I am so with you.
I have gotten way to used to talking to my husband every day...and should be grateful I do!!
I also hate the whole switching around the return date...I can't imagine having to stick it out a couple more months longer than what they are telling us!!
Hang it there! The army's a b!tch somtimes.
Awww hunny I'm sorry! I totally know how you feel! The first month my hubby deployed he was working in the office so he was able to email me everyday, usually a couple times a day. Then he had to start "cranking" (I don't know what the real term is called) but basically he has to work in the kitchen and wash dishes, prepare for the meals, clean stuff etc. etc. and everybody has to take turns doing it on the ship, but he will be doing it the rest of this deployment! Since he started doing all that he is always tired cause he works 14-16 hour days and then is too exhausted to go write an email or make a phone call, apparently..lol. This is the biggest reason why I've been so bummed lately...we hardly even talk anymore and sometimes I don't hear from him for 5 days at a time and its so frustrating!! :( But hang in there hunny, I will be praying for you! Keep your head up and don't let the army get you down...you will master this deployment! I believe in you! :)
xoxo
I'm sorry!!! Feel free to complain all you want, you should also spring for the pint of ice cream, it'll make you feel better :)
You have every right to be upset about that! My husbands deployment was the same way. We usually were able to talk every day or every other day. So when he had to go out in the field, it was hard for me to accept not talking to him period. I sure the darn Army gives you guys a more specific date to countdown to soon!
Oh no! That really stinks. I feel for you.
Oh my gosh I am so sorry. That is all I can say. I'm sorry.
I mentioned this in my Mil Blog Tours
Musings Of An Army Wife
Post a Comment