Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award!

I got another award! It's crazy to me how in the few short months I've been given such recognition by all my blog buddies! Ya'll are truly awesome!
(Thank you, Jessica for thinking of me!)

The rule is that I have to share 7 things about myself that most people (or at least most blog-people) wouldn't know. So, here goes:

1. Some day, I want to buy an old muscle car (or two) and fix them up. I don't know a lot about cars but I would LOVE an old Gran Turino and Vette' Stingray and have it be a project Al and I work on together.

2. When staying at my parents' house, Al and I have to sleep in separate rooms. Even at the age of 26. Just last week my step-father informed me that he trusted us and respected how serious our relationship was and agreed that this was no longer the rule.

3. I have never seen any of the Star Wars Trilogy, The Godfather or the Rocky movies. I really have no desire to.

4. I consider some of the friendships I'm making in the blog-hood to be as true and important as many of my other friendships. I hope some of them can manifest in real-life and stay for a lifetime!

5. Finding law firm jobs your first summer of law school is extremely competitive. I had an interview for a stellar position but have not heard back yet. In the meantime, I'm told I'm over-qualified for all the non-legal (administrative) jobs out there. I need money, but mostly I'm bored!

6. I bought and tried red lipstick and wore it out to dinner with my parents. I was complimented, but I'm still afraid to wear it to school for fear it will look "trampy."

7. My criteria for moving to another state includes having Target and a good baseball team. And I'm worried I won't find another hairdresser or OB/GYN. Other than that, I would love to try to live in many new places.

And I have (want) to pass this along to some other beautiful ladies. Honestly though, I don't know that I can narrow down my choices and I am fairly certain that most of you have received this award before. So, in an entirely magnanimous act, I open this award to any one of my beautiful readers.

I love you all!
(And hope you don't take this as a cop-out but rather an act of appreciation & love!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I love the part about not sleeping in the same bed room! That's adorable. And over-qualified? That's ridiculous. A job is a job

Kaylee said...

Oh my gosh! I love that one of your qualifiers for moving to another place includes having Target! Where would we be without that store, seriously?!

And don't worry, Max and I had to sleep in separate bedrooms at my parent's house (even when I was pregnant with his baby, ha ha!), before we were married!!

Star Spangled said...

3. Ditto
4. Ditto!!!
6. Fabulous! I'm sure you rocked it.
7. Amen, except instead of baseball team, for me it would be good Mexican food.

ThinkFeminist said...

I knew I loved you for some reason!!! We share thesame passion for Target!!! I shop till I drop at Target...they need to give me a restraining order.

Musings Of An Army Wife

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I'm with you on the Star Wars, except I saw one of them because my boyfriend in high school wanted me to go with him and his friend. I really didn't want to see it. However, my boyfriend (now) loves it!

I wouldn't be able to live without a Target. I love that place!

MJ said...

I haven't seen any of those movies either...don't really want to as well! they're just not that appealing.

Michelle said...

I can't wear red lipstick either, for that same reason.

Mrs. Doc Handsome said...

Haha I agree about the red lipstick but I'm sure you don't look trampy! I love how you opened the blog up to any of your readers. I am starting to feel like a crappy blogger because I am so lucky to be getting awards but I don't want to deter (right spelling?) my family and read life friends who read my blog in fear that they won't know what's going on if I post about them. I completely also agree about making real blog friendships! I think it's so awesome that similarities can unite people...even over the computer screen.

S said...

I want to fix up a muscle car too! Growing up my brother acquired quite a few and he was always tinkering on them. I've never seen those movies either...but add Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter to the list. I would honestly DIE without Target. I worked there for 6 years and I miss all the hot deals I used to get! haha