Monday, June 7, 2010

Don't Drink and Spend

All of the progress I'd made this month with my savings and spending habits were completely shot yesterday. I went to a block party with a group of friends from school. We were able to meet up with some other acquaintances and ended up drinking for free all day!

I was so proud of the free fun I was having.

My girlfriend and I had to leave for another party, which we of course took a cab to. We split the cab-fare so it only cost me $5. The party was one of those in-home sales shows, for Pure Romance (they sell massage oils and other erotic-themed toys and substances.)

This was a bad idea.

We continued drinking wine at the party and when it came time to buy stuff, I spent WAAAAY more then I intended. Especially since I intended to buy nothing. Well, in my hungover haze this morning I realized that the orders are final and I will not be able to return them for my money back. This means that I have to re-arrange some of my budgeted fun-money for the rest of the month in order to avoid problems later on.

Which is OK. This is what being a fiscally responsible person is like, right?

I had a great time yesterday and I can't say that the stuff I bought isn't going to be "worth it." Still, I was doing so well and feel like this is a bit of a set-back. I really want to do a good job with all of this. I want Al to be proud of me and I want to be proud of myself.

So, my word of advice to all of you is: Don't Drink and Spend!

{On another note: I realized that in venting my frustrations the other day over Al's attitude, I was in fact being an Asshole myself. He apologized for his behavior and since it is so extremely out of the ordinary for him to act that way, I probably should have addressed it without being a brat. I guess we're all a little meaner when we're stressed out. Especially towards the people we know will love us anyway.}

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Haha so true! When you drink your inhibitions go out the window...but I must say that what you spent your money on will be well worth it once your man comes home! ;) (wink, wink!)so think of it more as a present to both of you and don't be too hard on yourself about it. :)

Julie said...

Ha! I'm pretty sure that's why they have adult beverages at those partys...loosen inhibitions and wallets...works every time!

Jennifer said...

Haha, well at least you will have fun with the stuff you bought ;)

Star Spangled said...

Giggle. Well at least Al won't be TOO mad, considering what you bought.

I was wondering about your asshole post...it's so great to get it all out and I know exactly how you feel...but was just curious if Al reads your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's is HILARIOUS! I've never been to one of those parties, but I hear they're fun :)