Friday, June 25, 2010

Stormy Skies

Well, today was a great day! The interview went well. They actually called me back for 2nd interview on Monday! It seems pretty promising.

My afternoon with Kaylee was simply delightful. Little L is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. She has the best disposition and if I ever wanted a baby before, I definitely want one now! Oh, Kaylee was wonderful too! We went for a great walk around the neighborhood (about 5 miles) and she got to see my school, the Governor's Mansion, etc... We stopped at Dunn Bros. for a nice lunch and then back to my place to chat some more. It was really a great afternoon and I really, really hope we'll see each other again very soon.

Of course, neither of us took pictures, despite having both our cameras. I guess we were too caught up in conversation and enjoying little L. Hopefully we'll do better next time.

Then this happened...
Blue skies and downpour = bad, bad storm
Then it turned to bright white sky...
Then the hail came...
At this point they were talking lightning, severe hail and even tornadoes so I hustled my butt back inside. Problem is, I don't have a basement. I am on the 1st floor of a 3-floor building, but I'm completely surrounded by windows. That is, except for the hall closet, which happens to be under the stairs.
So, I grabbed my laptop and hunkered down in my closet.
I had with me the things I love the most...my laptop and my shoes. Ha ha.
(Forgive me for my horrible hair. After our long walk, the rain and how treacherously warm my apartment is, there was simply NO hope for a style other than this.)

So, not only does my closet house my beloved shoes, tonight it even housed me and my guilty pleasure (junk TV on my laptop) and sheltered me from the storm. It has now passed and settled into a calm, sleepy rain. And honestly, it was a fun end to a great day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It actually sounds like a fantastic way to spend a Friday night! Can't beat trashy TV!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon... in a closet! Good grief. When we have earthquakes I completely panic because there's nowhere in our apartment to really go.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I hate storms at times, especially when you stuck out in them, and don't have an umbrella. Where I live, there is no point of having an umbrella. The winds are so strong, it just blows it inside out :(

Congrats on getting a 2nd interview :)

Brittney said...

how exciting that you got to meet a bloggy friend in real life! :) Sounds like a great Friday night!

Jordan Cole said...

Good gracious! You have been have some insane weather out your way!!!

Michelle said...

Good luck on the interview Monday! Your closet is so organized. I'm kind of a little jealous of your crazy organization skills. ;)

MJ said...

Good luck!! Hope it goes really well for you!

Kaylee said...

First of all, congrats again on getting a second interview! Woot! Second, glad that you stayed safe and dry during the storms - they were something! And that you got to watch junk TV!!! Third, it was AWESOME meeting you and spending the afternoon with you! I had a great time chatting and getting to know you! We shall have to do it again soon!

Ashley said...

Lol, I love it! Nothing like being trapped in a bad storm with your lovelies aka shoes. Hmm, I may have to take to redecorating my guest bathroom with stuff of that nature just in case we get hit by a hurricane in Louisiana!