I started watching this ridiculous show on VH1 called "You're Cut Off!" It's about these girls who come from wealthy families and have been spending their parents money, not working, and basically taking advantage at every chance they get. We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. And they're all complete idiots. Some of them don't know how to do laundry or make a simple dinner. Others refuse to "because they're princesses."
The premise of the show is that their parents are tired of it and have cut them off. They are forced to live in a town home in a small-ish suburb (which they called "the ghetto" - By the way, none of them would survive a single day in an actual ghetto!) Along with losing all their spending privileges, they are forced to learn how to cook, clean and work so they can become self-sufficient. It's a ridiculous show, but I'm so intrigued. It's a hot-mess train-wreck and I can't turn it off.
Last night I went to Iron Man 2 with a good friend of mine. I really enjoyed it. I liked the first one, but I did play a little catch-up in my head since it had been a while since I saw it. I'm not a big fan of Gwenyth Paltrow (I can never tell if she's a whiney, boring person, or if that's just all the characters she plays) but I LOVE Scarlett Johannson and Robert Downey Jr.. I recommend the movie to anyone who likes action and girls who kick butt!
I saw my first-ever FIFA Soccer (Futbol?) game the other day. Some team played Brazil (who I've come to understand is pretty much the best soccer team ever.) I still don't fully understand all the rules and no one ever seems to score more than 2 goals. I can, however, get excited for hot foreign men in shorts, especially when they get sweaty and passionate! I can't say I will watch a lot more of the World Cup, but I am glad to experience it here and there. Heck, I'm the girl who LOVES baseball and many think that's boring and I'm crazy for being such a fan. Viva la futbol!
Finally, I found this website the other day. Particularly, this video stood out (and made me bawl my eyes out!) Check it out, but grab the tissues first.
9 comments:
I'm not into much TV (probably just because I never seem to have time to watch it!), but that show sounds funny! And even though it sounds absolutely ridiculous, I think I would be hooked solely on that ridiculous factor!!!
SHUTTTTTT UPPPPPP!!! I have been talking about that show all day, I watched it last night! It's mildly hilarious to watch how sad these girls are and their families who spoil them as well.
I caught "You're Cut off" and it definitely is like a train wreck! John was even intrigued by it! I love how the one girl opened the dishwasher thinking it was an oven and another one was mopping the fridge! Shows like that make me so glad I grew up where I did!
Honey, your spotlight is up!!! Make sure you let your friends know about it, so they can learn more about you. I also give one lucky winner a prize each week, so we'll be having one winner on sunday!
Hope you had a great day today...I had a rough day and i just got home....i'll have to scroll up and re-read this post...lol
That shows sounds....interesting. LOL I want to see Iron Man 2. I have to see Iron Man first though. HAHAHA
I also wanted to let you know I left something for you on my blog. http://ramblingmilitarywife.blogspot.com/2010/06/heres-low-down.html
Yay for being the Military Spouse Spotlight! I was like, "That's my girl Mel! That's Mel!" LOL! =)
P.S. I wish I could qualify for a show like "You're Cut Off"! =)
Hah I'm so embarrassed but I watched it too. One night when hubby was away at training I caught a glimpse of it. Not sure I'm hooked but it definitely caught my interest.
I'm always look forward to VH1 shows. They're so fantastically trashy! Reminds of the days of when Bret Michaels' did his first dating show. That was *the* best, ever. The Dad Camp show is actually the first non-trashy show they've had that and I love it.
Post a Comment