Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why Me?

Rambling Military Wife

Why did the guy at the gym completely ignore th F-off sign on my forehead, clearly manifested by the sweat, headphones and scowl on my face? Why did he proceed to tap me on the shoulder, messing up my concentration, just to hit on me? And why after I politely declined, did he proceed to watch me the rest of my time at the gym?

Why when I stopped at the Salvation Army thrift store to find work boots for the Habitat for Humanity build this Friday, was I accosted by two misbehaving children? And why when I went to make my purchase was I told "no tag, no sale?"

Why are the new steps being built in front of my apartment taking FOREVER to complete, therefore rendering entry to my building from the front door useless, requiring me to exit out the back door into the alley-way and drive around to the front to leave?

Why am I complaining when it's a beautiful 80 degrees outside today and I get to spend the evening with a good friend grilling on his new deck?

7 comments:

It's Something Beautiful said...

Hey there! I was introduced to your blog from Jessica @ [Mis]Adventures Of An Army Wife. I'm from Minnesota as well... about 45 mins from st. paul!

Can't wait to start reading :)

Feel free to check out my blog:
www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

Jordan Cole said...

This is so hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Ew...that guy at the gym would have given me the creeps! It actually kinda bothers me when I see people using the gym as a meat market. I mean, you're there to work out, for crying out loud, not to find a date! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ugh I avoid the gym as much as possible. I'd rather go for a run around the neighborhood, than have people stare the entire time I do my work out.

S said...

Eww gym creepers!! ANNOYING gym creepers at that! I'm glad the weather's beautiful there too...over here it's 82, sunny, and breezy. The windows are open and I'm loving it!

Brittney said...

hehe thats too funny! and to answer your question about the gym creeper its cause your just that hot! :) Maybe seeing girls all sweaty with a scowl on their faces turns him on..lmao! Anywhoo I hope your having a better day and that they hurry up and finish the steps already!

Anonymous said...

I love the first one:) What a creep!

And enjoy your cookout, they are DELCIOUS!!