Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Do-Over: It's the little things...

I'm linking up with Mrs. S and her weekly meme.

Remember this mirror?

I was trying to figure out where I wanted to hang it in my house and the other weekend, I figured out a great way to incorporate it into my living room design.
But first, I had to take these frames:
And spray paint them with the same paint.

Then take some of my black frames, fill them all with pictures, and cluster them on the wall.
In order to choose the layout, I cut paper to the same size and shapes of the frames and positioned them on the wall where I wanted them.
Then I hung the frames accordingly.

I'm still tweaking and adding to it. I am looking for a great oval/circle frame to put in the open space on the right. I have a 3-fer frame that I'm going to incorporate also, but I haven't decided where. In the meantime, I'm pretty happy with the mix of clean black with the textured neutral and the overall layout.

Head over to Mrs. S.'s blog and show off your skills too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! I love wall collages.

Samantha said...

Nice! I've been trying to snag a good thrifted mirror to positions pictures around, but no luck yet. Great job!